The majority of Newstead Brewing's beers might be brewed at their production site in Milton but the Brisbane brewery's spiritual home remains Doggett Street, Newstead.
If you'd like to run the venue at that location, they're hiring.
Job Description: Bar Manager
Newstead Brewing Co was born in a 1940s steel warehouse on Doggett Street that was built by Skennars Coaches. Our 'spiritual home' brewpub boasts a wonderfully tranquil vibe with lashings of industrial robustness. The venue offers a wide range of food using locally sourced ingredients plus local wine and spirits that complement our hand-crafted ales and lagers.
We are committed to our community as much as we are to quality. Setting the bar high for ourselves with consistently well-produced beer is equally matched by our passion for supporting everything local.
As Bar Manager, you will be responsible for managing the day-to-day bar operations of our Doggett St venue.
This position would be suitable for someone with Bar management experience, or significant restaurant experience as a manager or supervisor; previous experience in the events/hospitality industry is essential.
You will need to be highly motivated, able to work without direct supervision, extremely organised and very well presented. You need to understand how a large multifaceted venue operates and be able to liaise with both front of house and kitchen to ensure operations run smoothly. Finally, you will need to understand the relationship between hospitality operations and the broader strategic and commercial goals of the organisation.
This is a full time, salaried role working 5 days per week over a 7-day roster. Night and weekend work will be required.
A generous salary is on offer with the chance to grow within the venue and the company.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinating and running our all bar aspects of our Doggett St venue
- Coordinating with kitchen staff to ensure consistent operations and smooth service
- Liaising with customers to be the face of our original brewpub
- Determining, communicating, and assisting staff with meeting clearly defined individual and team KPIs
- Be actively involved in the selection and purchasing of stock, as well as maintaining the venue to the high standard expected
- Driving continuous improvement in staff performance and productivity
- Report directly to the General Manager, and manage a small team of FOH staff to effectively deliver the Newstead Experience, as well as collaborating with the Senior Chef to deliver our food offering as consistent with the overall brand approach
- Providing a hands-on approach to managing the floor
- Leading and motivating the team through experience and knowledge
- Extensive knowledge in managing functions, and co-ordinating a high-volume venue during peak and off-peak periods
- Monitor quality of service and oversee all aspects of running large team of staff
- Showing an ability to manage a venue as an all-rounder with a hands-on approach to problem solving
- Must hold RMLV and Approved Managers license
If this sounds like you, please register your interest with your CV/resume and a cover letter to email@example.com.