Shark Island Brewing launched in 2015 and in doing so brought local beer to the Sutherland Shire.
If you'd like to play a key role in welcoming locals to the taproom, the brewery likely wants to hear from you.
Job Description: Taproom Manager
Hey folks, Think you have what it takes to join the team at Sutherland Shire's longest running independent brewery?
Shark Island Brewing has grown by approx 40 percent over the last 18 months and we are projected to continue growing significantly over the next 18! This is a full-time role with weekend work required.
With so much going on we are on the hunt for a top-notch taproom manager to run all aspects of taproom operations at our Kirrawee Brewery. We are after someone with an absolute dedication to ensuring our customers have the best possible experience in the taproom. We are also after a true champion of the Shark Island brand, our beers and our values. The Shark Island team is a tight-knit bunch and everybody pitches in when required – no matter what the task.
- Love and knowledge of craft beer and the craft beer industry
- Experience in brewery and/or bar operations
- Drivers License, RSA
- Ability to work weekends – this role works Thursday – Monday
- Sales experience a plus
Short list of duties (email for full position description):
- Manage all aspects of the taproom operation:
- stock ordering
- preparing for daily trade
- covid compliance, licensing compliance
- ensuring customer safety and comfort
- answering day to day customer correspondence
- directing and managing taproom staff,
- cash management, banking,
- food trucks & entertainment bookings and management
- tap room related social media (Insta, TikTok, FB)
- Ensuring absolute cleanliness and tidiness of the brewery at all times
- Quality control: checking beer taps daily to assure the highest degree of quality is maintained
- Engaging with our local community and business community to drive sales
- Proactively working to continuously improve the cellar door experience
- Assist the head brewer on brew days as needed
- Assist with any other duties as needed: bottling, canning, stickering, events, tastings, delivering, crisis fixing, WHATEVERING!
Salary will be commensurate with experience with potential for bonuses for reaching sale targets.
INTERESTED? Drop Looch an email at email@example.com with a short resume and reasons you are awesome.
Cheers Team Shark
Close of application date is October 3, 2021.