Jetty Road are likely in for a bumper summer, with homes on both the Mornington Peninsula and Lorne.
If you'd like to run things at the latter, they're hiring a venue manager for that taproom.
Job Description: Venue Manager
Jetty Road Brewery is on the lookout for a new Venue Manager to join our team in LORNE!
We are a young, fun, and diverse team with a strong collaborated knowledge of independent craft beer and delicious food.
Our Head Office and Brew House is located in Dromana on the Mornington Peninsula. After loving our summer pop-up in Lorne we have decided to stay and make it a 2nd home!
The Venue Manager is a leadership position to oversee all venue operations at Jetty Road Brewery Lorne and will report directly to the Hospitality Manager.
Focused on growing the bar and food operations through the implementation of approved operational plans, meeting or exceeding the key performance indicators set out, and striving to maintain a culture of the ‘Jetty Road Brewery’ quality in all areas of the operation by recruiting and retaining and empowering the best team.
The role offers excellent opportunities and continuous training and includes Key Performance Indicators (KPIS) and Bonus Structure.
Duties and Responsibilities
- To ensure all services are opened and fully operational at scheduled times, JR standards are maintained throughout the service, particularly delivering exceptional levels of customer care and satisfaction.
- Ensure an exceptional and consistent level of service and range of quality food and beverage products in a clean and professional JR way.
- Effective management of all stock and ancillary goods which includes:
- Ordering as required from nominated suppliers
- Ensuring compliance with any stocking policies
- Ensure the secure and safekeeping of stock and equipment
- Ensuring that stock is accounted for and that control procedures are complied with
- Effective and efficient management of the staff working in each department (Bar/FOH and Kitchen).
- Take full responsibility for the rostering of staff, ensuring staff wage budgets and sales to labour ratios are maintained. In addition, sufficient tills are in operation, and staff serving, assisting in service where necessary.
- Organise and deliver the induction and training of staff within the department, ensuring that staffs have the skills to undertake their work safely and accurately.
- Oversee the recruitment and selection of additional staff.
- Actively innovate and work with the Events Co-Ordinator, Marketing & Brand Manager to activate the venue to maximise and awareness and grow both food and drink operations.
- Through empowering staff, develop a highly motivated team, flexible and multiskilled team who take pride and ownership in their work.
- Proactively monitor sales, margins, and expenses, and in identifying negative variance against budget, taking appropriate and timely remedial action.
- Management level experience in a food and beverage facility with firsthand experience in developing new processes and managing culture
- Exceptional analytical, decision making and problem-solving skills
- A strong understanding of process controls
- Extensive knowledge of the food/beverage industry
- Adequate computer-based skills
- Familiar with venue management software programs (Ordermate and Deputy)
- Ideally familiarity with the operation and maintenance of the following: bar, font/tap system, kitchen equipment, fork truck, and various process controls
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong leadership skills with the ability to inspire and motivate a team
- Strong work ethic and ability to multi-task, prioritize and adapt to changing situations
- Strong organizational and problem-solving skills
- Passion for sustainability
This is an exciting position where you will be able to work with excellent produce in a respectful environment and have great opportunities for professional development.
To apply, please contact Paul - firstname.lastname@example.org.