Bodriggy operate an impressive and multifaceted home in Abbotsford that has a brewery, cocktail bar, pub, music venue, Froff Shop and front bar all in one.
If you'd like to lead all things beer for them, they're hiring a head brewer.
Job Description: Head Brewer
Bodriggy Brewpub is a new brewery-home located in Abbotsford culminating in a brewery, brewpub, cocktail bar and recently, Froff Shop (bottle shop) slash Front Bar. Founded in 2016, the wholesale operation has since flourished and the venue has opened to great fanfare with 40 + wonderful staff (or family) onboard.
Abbotsford born and bred, the name itself comes from the original stone mason façade. To us, it reflects unique Aussie lingo and represents the area perfectly.
As a small, independent, Australian owned business, we’re dedicated to the local community and making darn-good ice cold froff. All the beer we brew is with the Abbotsford community in mind. ‘Freshness' is our number one focus and part of our distribution strategy. You can expect a constant interchange of out-there, hoppy IPAs and sour limiteds every 3 weeks, alongside the core-range favourites.
Culturally, we assimilate with the arts and music scene as much as possible, including sponsoring events, gigs and exhibitions mostly around Melbourne’s inner north. Weekly, our brewpub hosts a high rotation of bands, DJs and events throughout the venue.
We’re excited to announce a rare opportunity to fill the key role of Head Brewer has now become available.
Responsibilities of the Role
- Manage the end to end operations of all brewery operations including procurement, wort production, cellaring, quality control, packaging and brewery maintenance.
- Managing a costed recipe program in conjunction with seasonal and core range releases.
- Lead and continue to develop all staff members, both venue and wholesale, practical knowledge including performance management and employee relations.
- Implement procedures that will progress Bodriggy's efficiencies and profitability
- Push the conventional boundaries in an effort to be ahead of the industry curb in relation to brewery processes, materials sourced and managerial techniques.
- Help engage our customer base by working with our marketing, sales and venue staff to better explain, present and develop Bodriggy's products, values and ethos.
- Manage all contract clients which includes recipe development, yield optimisation and reporting.
- Develop and manage supplier contacts and allocations.
Skills and Attributes Required
- Proven leadership qualities
- Technical brewery knowledge and ability
- Good written and communication skills
- Highly organised with a keen attention to detail
- A strong work ethic and desire to succeed and grow
- Ability to troubleshoot and solve problems
- A passion and willingness to work in a brewery that aspires to continue its growth and development as a brand and venue.
- Time management skills
- A proven track record of being able to manage brewery software, excel spreadsheets and other accounting orientated programs.
The successful candidate will have a minimum of 5 years experience in a Head Brewer role working in a high volume production brewery environment. Some brewery, science or engineering related education is also beneficial.
We are looking for a dedicated, energetic candidate that believes in team and community collaboration, innovative practices and communication. Someone that has an inclusive attitude to people from all walks of life and willing to grow with the company and its core values.
If you think you’re this person please email your resume to email@example.com.