Blackman's are one of the real success stories of recent years, a family-run business that now operates three venues and two breweries, and produces a wide array of award-winning beer.
If you'd like to play a lead role in those beers in 2022 and beyond, they're hiring a head brewer.
JOB DESCRIPTION: HEAD BREWER
Blackman’s Brewery is an award-winning Victorian Brewery with three hospitality venues located in Torquay, Geelong, and Ocean Grove, and beer distributed Australia wide. We are a tight-knit group of people who love what we do, and we are growing.
We are an independent, family run and owned brewery based on the Surf Coast and Geelong. We make our beers with the best quality ingredients we can get our hands on and we give our beers the right amount of time in tank; we don't rush them through to meet deadlines.
Our core range is made up of beers that cover a variety of flavours and styles - we want to make good beer for everyone. We love amazing hospitality and it is our main goal for every person who walks through our doors to have a whole lot of fun.
We’re looking for a Head Brewer to join the Blackman’s family, who is committed to the good beer cause and a love of good quality beer. If the following sounds like you, then let’s do this!
- Manage production from raw materials through to finished beer in all packaging formats.
- Scheduling, forecasting and management of all brewery staff from brewing to packaging.
- Working across all aspects of production when required.
- Continue to maintain strong quality of products and look to implement further quality procedures while maintaining steady growth.
- Future planning and efficiencies to be implemented in order to manage growth.
- Working together with all departments across business to spread the word of good beer.
- Education of existing staff and new staff across all departments.
- Must have minimum 5 years’ experience in a production brewery, with experience in a management role.
- Must have beer related qualification or relevant tertiary experience.
- Strong technical knowledge of brewing, packaging, brewing science and sensory is very important.
To apply please send your favourite beer and cover letter to Renn at email@example.com as soon as possible.