If you'd like to join them, they're hiring a Customer Success Coordinator.
Job Description: Customer Success Coordinator
Heaps Normal is an independent, non-alcoholic Australian beer company, brewing real beer without the hangover. Whether you’re taking a night off or ditching the booze for life, we reckon it’s time to talk about something more interesting...like the epic stuff you’re doing instead of getting wasted. Whether it’s burning the midnight oil or burning up the dancefloor, let’s challenge ourselves to tell better stories. Come and be part of changing our drinking culture, with the best non-alcoholic beer in Australia (Country Winner at 2021 World Beer Awards).
“If there was a standout winner in the non-alcoholic beers of 2020 it would be this extra pale ale.” Samantha Payne, The Guardian
“[Heaps Normal] make sobriety seem genuinely cool and inviting, without being preachy. In this country, no one has ever done that with a beer.” Nick Connellan, Broadsheet
About you and the role
Candidate for this role could be based in Sydney or Melbourne.
As Heaps Normal’s Customer Success Coordinator, you are crucial to the successful onboarding of our wholesale customers. You will work closely with the founders and management team and will be proactive in continually improving our customer experience and the efficiency of our sales team. A large part of the role will also include customer service and sales support to ensure orders are captured and delivered on time.
Here’s a taste of what you’ll be involved in on a day-to-day basis:
- Helping new customers understand our products and ordering process.
- Checking and entering all directors orders into our inventory and logistics systems.
- Working closely with our e-commerce fulfillment partners to manage fulfillment of online orders through our website.
- Coordinate procurement and delivery of sales support materials for our remote sales team.
- Working closely with the finance team to process credit applications
- Identifying ways to make our operations more efficient by developing and documenting great processes.
Skills and experience
- Highly driven and self-motivated
- Well organized, planned & highly skilled in time management
- Exceptional attention to detail & customer service orientated
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment, working to deadlines
- Experience in Microsoft Office, and Google products
- Good at computers
- Familiarity with business management software in areas like inventory management, CRM and finance.
- Experience in a startup environment could be an advantage.
You'll benefit from:
- $65,000 + Benefits + Super
- 5 weeks paid annual leave every year
- Flexible work environment + Employee Assistance Program
- Generous Parental Leave Policy
- Vehicle and device allowances
To get started, apply through the link below.
You’ll answer some questions that are related to your day-to-day job. After the job closes, your answers will go through our sift process: all answers will be anonymised, randomised and then reviewed by a panel of reviewers.
If you are shortlisted, we’ll invite you to the next step, which includes a short task similar to one you might need to complete in this role. Also, we love giving feedback, so at the end of the application process, we'll let you know how well you performed.
We're committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity. Your gender, your gods, your sex life, your skin colour or your bigshot uncle don’t make a difference here. Heaps Normal is a progressive and open-minded meritocracy. If you’re smart and good at what you do, come as you are.