Two production sites, a restaurant, wine and spirit labels, and four trophies at last year's Australian International Beer Awards... it's fair to say Hop Nation have plenty going on.
If you'd like to be part of the team, they're hiring another brewer for their main production facility on the Mornington Peninsula.
JOB DESCRIPTION: PRODUCTION BREWER
Hop Nation Brewing Co is a craft brewery known for hop-forward beers, quality ingredients, and experimentation. What started out as a pipe dream for friends Duncan Gibson and Sam Hambour, has in seven short years become one of Australia’s most loved and awarded craft breweries.
Our heart is in Footscray, where the tap room serves fresh beer from over 15 taps; but more recently expanded with a production facility in Mornington and restaurant in West Footscray.
We are excited to announce that we are looking for an experienced brewer to join our team. As we continue to grow, we need someone with the necessary skills to help us turn out a variety of quality beers set against an intense production schedule. This position is for our Mornington Peninsular brewery located 20 Latham St, Mornington.
The ideal candidate requires:
- At least two years working as a production brewer.
- The understanding of aseptic sample collection techniques and the preparation of samples for microbiological analyses.
- An understanding of the cleaning and maintenance of the brewery area and brewery equipment
- The ability to understand and ensure that recipe specifications are up to date and within the parameters outlined by brewery management.
- Excellence in the ability to brew, process, and package to recipe specifications.
- Excellence in fork-lift driving including an up-to-date forklift licence. Training will be provided if you are not licensed.
- Current RSA for Victoria must be maintained.
- Loading and unloading of vehicles for dispatch of outwards going product and incoming goods.
- Excellent brewing practice for brewing of all beers and cider production.
- Excellent cleaning practice and full understanding of CIP (Clean in Place) principles. Full understanding of chemical usage, concentrations needed for accurate cleaning, sanitation and any safety measures associated with the chemicals.
- Excellent operating of all equipment related to the bottling and canning line.
- Ability to wash (internally and externally) kegs with a keg washing machine. Excellent understanding and operation of the keg washing machine is important. External washing should be completed to ensure product looks good going into the marketplace.
- Excellent management of all cellar activities including sample, jacket management, dry-hopping, centrifuge, and finals testing.
- Daily testing of all fermentations and recording of these.
- Accurate record keeping of any cleaning places in the appropriate record sheets. Cleaning practices encompass all brewing vessels, hoses, filters, kegs, fermenters, conditioning tanks, bottling equipment, pumps and any other equipment associated with production.
- Any associated laboratory analysis needed for production. This may include pH readings and pH meter calibration, density reading and density meter calibration, laboratory scale calibration, microscopy and yeast counting and viability checks, ATP bioluminescence detection and analysis, acid titrations, indicator tests, temperature probe calibration and any other laboratory practice.
- The ability to do physical brewing tasks with some shift and weekend work.
If you have the skills and would like to join an exciting and fast growing brewery pushing out high quality beer please send your resume to email@example.com.
Hop Nation Brewing Co values equal opportunity and enjoys a diverse and inclusive work environment. Applications are encouraged from those who live with a disability, identify as LGBTQI+, are of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent, and people of all other cultural backgrounds.