Blackman's Brewery are a family-run brewery based on the Surf Coast, with homes in Torquay, Ocean Grove and Geelong.
If you'd like to help spread the good word Blackman's, they want to hear from you.
Job Description: Brand & Marketing Manager
We are extremely excited about this one! We're looking for a really passionate and enthusiastic Brand and Marketing Manager to help execute the best of one million exciting ideas we have for Blackman's each day.
You can expect a diverse, dynamic and fast-paced role with no two days the same. We have the ability to execute fresh ideas in short time frames and we’re looking for a passionate person who loves seeing your projects get over the line and into the eye of consumers fast.
Who we are
Blackman’s Brewery is an award-winning Victorian Brewery with three hospitality venues located in Torquay, Geelong and Ocean Grove, and beer distributed Australia-wide. We are a tight-knit group of people who love what we do, and we are growing. We are an independent, family run and owned brewery based on the Surf Coast and Geelong. We make our beers with the best quality ingredients we can get our hands on; we give our beers the right amount of time in tank, and we don't rush them through to meet deadlines.
Our core range is made up of beers that cover a variety of flavours and styles; we want to make good beer for everyone. We love amazing hospitality, and it is our main goal for every person who walks through our doors to have a whole lot of fun.
What is on offer:
- A place you can be passionate and proud to work for, and one you want to have a beer in.
- A small team environment, with guidance and support, plus room to grow.
- Have your ideas and concepts heard. You’ll have day-to-day contact with senior managers within the organisation and be a decision maker yourself.
- Blackman's field trips to other rad breweries.
- Pathways to other areas of the Blackman’s Brewery Group.
- You’ll become a member of the Blackman's Beer Club! You get a case of our award-winning beers each month including exclusive Blackman’s Beer Club beers.
- Helping to grow a family business who happen to make the BEST beer on the Surf Coast!
- Social media and content strategy development. Manage digital content, but we’re not just talking scheduled, generic posts for the fun of it. We want you to create genuinely fun and interesting content plans, delivering real messages to gain meaningful engagement across all platforms while sticking to our existing brand guidelines and vibes. We want to target new audiences while keeping our current Blackman’s crew involved.
- Digital and traditional Campaign Management. Create and execute awesome plans and activities to drive beer sales, venue visits, online shopping, website traffic, brand awareness and strengthen our customer loyalty.
- Beer Specific campaigns and content to introduce Seasonal and New Beers into the market. Trust us, this is very fun!
- Manage our growing eDM database and create eDM specific content for internal and external communities, while ensuring our website is up to date and on point!
- Website Content Management and reporting. Things change and new things are happening all the time, this is an always-on project.
Here are the qualities Blackman’s is looking for:
- Outstanding communication and copywriting skills. You must be able to listen to and following instructions carefully, write and act on briefs, connect with and speak the Blackman's lingo and smile. Smiling is very important.
- Flexibility. You must be able to fit well within our team but get on with things on your own. This position will require you to work both on site at the brewery but with the flexibility to work where you do your best work too.
- Be seriously organised. Organisation is key when there's so much to do, you must be able to demonstrate that you can work across a range of projects all at once, in a deliberate manner. That means timelines, maps, plans – not just a neat desktop.
- Commitment to the good beer cause and a love of good beer – we want you to become part of the Blackman’s family.
- Getting digi(tal) with it. Understand the social media landscape and major channels, Google AdWords / SEO, and use analytics principles and tools to deliver weekly reports on Blackman's social and online activity.
- A Diploma / Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing or similar field with 3 years’ experience. You need to know your stuff and be able to work autonomously.
The sky is the limit. This job can go where you take it. For further info about this awesome opportunity to join a fun-loving and passionate team, please get in touch with email@example.com and let us know your favourite beer.