Hawke's Brewing were founded with the backing of the late Bob Hawke, with the Marrickville brewery inspired by the former Prime Minister's larrikinism and generosity.
With their production brewery and hospitality venue now firing on all cylinders, they're looking to add a retail activation specialist to their team.
Job Description: Retail Activation Specialist / Merchandiser
Due to the recent expansion of our business, including the opening of Hawke’s Brewing Co.’s fully operational brewery and hospitality arm, it’s time to recruit a Retail Activation Specialist / Merchandiser.
Working at Hawke’s goes beyond having “just another job”. Our small but quickly growing team works hard to foster a company culture built on the community-centric values of Bob Hawke – generosity, inclusivity, ambition, authenticity and good honest hard work. Values that continue to drive his legacy, as we look to build an iconic, national beer brand that brings Australians together over beautiful beers, all while giving back to the environment via our charity partnership with Landcare Australia.
We are passionate about providing equal employment opportunities and actively encourage applications from any background.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Manage existing and develop new business across key retail customers.
- Build brand awareness and sales via:
- visual brand representation / merchandising (customer displays)
- brand experience & product trial (consumer tastings - sometimes on weekday evenings or weekends)
- Implement promotional activations and incentive programs to maximise the impact & exposure of the HBC brand portfolio. Expose campaigns and search for best locations in stores.
- Optimise the use of our point-of-sales material.
- Improve and maintain HBC retail standards, including ambient shelf, fridge, and cool room positioning
- Build product accessibility through increased distribution and stock weight
- Nurture productive relationships at store level and maintain customer engagement through territory management
- Gain and share market intelligence to feed strategic decisions
- Create and / or update customer contacts in the CRM
- Act as cover for field sales team members whilst they’re on leave (where appropriate)
Qualifications and Requirements:
- At least one to three years in a similar role, ideally in liquor sales.
- Previous merchandising experience (preferred)
- Exceptional relationship building skills to develop and manage customer and internal stakeholder relationships
- A self-starter with the ability to work autonomously and make decisions
- Extremely organised and efficient with strong attention to detail
- The confidence and ability to take ownership of assigned tasks
- Proficient computer skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- CRM experience would be advantageous
- Current RSA
- Current driver’s licence
How to apply:
Please send your CV and letter by email to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday May 27, 2022.