Matilda Bay helped launch the craft beer industry in WA and today their home is in Victoria's picturesque Healesville.
If you'd like to join them as marketing manager, they want to hear from you.
Job Description: Marketing Manager
Matilda Bay kick started the Australian craft and specialty beer revolution in 1983, while also revolutionising the pub scene in Australia. But enough about the past:
- Original founder and CEO Phil Sexton is back at the helm of the business after some years away founding businesses such as Little Creatures, Giant Steps Winery and Innocent Bystander Winery
- This is a family affair: our state-of-the-art production facility is run by Phil and his son Harry, our head brewer
- The brewery and all our operations are certified carbon neutral and we run off 100% renewable electricity, one of the first breweries in Australia to be able to say that
- In the last 24 months our beers have won numerous awards, not limited to a Grand Champion trophy at the Queensland Beer Awards for our dark ale Dogbolter, and gold at the AIBAs for our Owl Original Ale
- Matilda Bay is a partnership and is part of Fire & Earth Ventures, the entrepreneurial arm of Asahi and CUB in Australia
A bit about the role
Matilda Bay Brewing Co. have a rare – once in a generation – opening for you to join the team as the Marketing Manager. This role reports to serial entrepreneur, founder and CEO of Matilda Bay, Phil Sexton. You will have a seat at the table to create change, continue our journey of rebranding and bring Matilda Bay back to the forefront of Aussie beer drinker’s minds!
No two days are the same at Matilda Bay, but if you had been here in the past 6 months you would have experienced:
- Building the 3-year expansion plan for Matilda Bay with the head of sales, finance and brewing at your side
- Executing ad campaigns like this one https://www.contagious.com/news-and-views/campaign-of-the-week-craft-brewer-Matilda-bay-gives-away-rejected-ale-recipes
- Collaborating with pub groups and retailers to make sure our beers are winning people over
- Working through a proactive product recall (whoops)
- Designing and installing a 25-metre mural to live on the brewery wall
- Created packaging for multiple new launches including a high-end range of saisons
- Having a beer or two with food and wine journalists
- Running local beer and food festivals and pouring beers
- Completely reinvigorating our brand architecture, iconography and point of sale
- Managing a diverse, wonderful and creative group of freelancers who help us bring the brand to life
As you can see we have achieved a lot over the last 6 months and we are looking for someone to come and join us on this incredible journey. This role is not for the faint hearted, you will be on the tools while wearing multiple hats. We are a passionate bunch who are on this journey together to achieve greatness so jump onboard or you will regret it!
Please note the role is based at our beautiful brewery in Healesville, with working from home options available where required.
You are an energetic, creative, inquisitive, unflappable marketing operator seeking a new and exciting challenge. If rebuilding a business to its former glory gets you excited, then come and help us create the next chapter of the Matilda Bay story. You bring…
- Passion for high-quality food and beverage
- 7+ years of agency and/or client-side marketing experience
- Experience bringing new products to market
- Experience building and managing brand campaigns
- Competency in analytics and measurement
- Drive and ability to manage priorities and your own time
- An ability to work across an enterprise, not just in your vertical
- A healthy disrespect for the norm and a want to contribute to the world of beer
- A positive can-do attitude and an ability to solve problems and get stuff done
- Understanding and experience in hospitality desirable but not necessary
- Time working in FMCG/alcohol is desirable but not necessary
If you are ready to be part of the exciting, entrepreneurial journey of Matilda Bay, we’d love to hear from you. Please attach an up-to-date CV with a cover letter to your application.
The team at Matilda Bay has a history of leadership in driving inclusion, diversity and gender parity. If you are hesitating because you don’t think you meet all of the criteria, then we’d encourage you to click on the apply button so we can explore your unique skill set and what you could contribute.
Applications close on August 21, 2022.