Ballistic Beer is an ever-growing brewery with multiple homes in Queensland.
If you'd like to play a key role in their finance team, they want to hear from you.
Job Description: Financial Controller
Ballistic Beer is a multi-award-winning brewery in Salisbury, Brisbane with five hospitality venues in Queensland. We are passionate about crafting and delivering the best possible beer experience to everyone, regardless of their taste, knowledge and preference or style.
We promote our core values at every opportunity – Explore constantly, seek excellence, care, accept and respect.
We are a young company working within the dynamic industry of brewery and hospitality venues and believe that beer is the best beverage in the world! It encourages conversation, nurtures community, and promotes collaboration.
About The Role
This role will have you working closely with senior management, the executive team and the Board in overseeing the finance function. You will play a key role in driving financial and commercial excellence across the business.
You will be responsible for:
- The accounting function of the business with assistance from the external bookkeeper including:
- Management Accounts
- Tax Compliance
- Debt Collection
- Purchase orders
- Expense Reimbursements
- Payroll Tax
- Weekly and monthly reporting including:
- Budget vs Actual Reports
- Cash Flow Reports
- Financial modelling including:
- Operational and Financial budgeting
- Cash Flow forecasts
- Pricing, Costing and Margin modelling
- Preparation and presentation of Board and Shareholder reports
- Specific ad hoc duties including, but are not limited to the following:
- High-level financial reporting and analysis
- Reviewing and implementing systems and process improvements
- Capex Business cases
- Trade terms and settlements
- Product reviews / trend analysis
- Improving efficiencies and reducing costs across the business
- Setting up firm-wide forms & templates
- Ensuring compliance with statutory law and financial regulations
- Minimum five years’ experience in senior finance management positions, with oversight and involvement across the full range of finance functions
- Professional accounting qualification such as CA or CPA
- Organised with exceptional attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with Microsoft Power BI is desirable
- You much be driven, energetic, focused and have a strong work ethic
This is a great opportunity to join a leading brewery in the craft beer industry, whilst enjoying flexibility in working conditions. Our office is in Salisbury, but we are open to candidates seeking a full-time position or part-time hours / days per week, with a hybrid working model.
For a confidential discussion or for further information, please contact Kerie on 0408 275 807
To apply, please send a copy of your resume to email@example.com.