The Suburban Brew are based in the Adelaide suburb of Goodwood, where they meld craft beer and community.
They're also set to open a second taproom at their new production brewery. If you'd like to join them, they're hiring a venue manager.
Job Description: Brewery Taproom Venue Manager
The Suburban Brew (TSB) is an Adelaide based award-winning craft beer brand that is all about bringing back the sense of neighbourhood and community spirit through sharing a beer.
Born in 2017, we aim to establish and grow local meeting places, where our customers can drop in, have a pint or three, enjoy the company of their friends and then pick up a few roadies to enjoy later.
We’ve just begun our expansion and are currently building our 2000 litre production brewery and 2nd taproom and aiming for things to be up and running later this year. We now offer the opportunity for genuine and motivated hospitality professional to join our team as our Brewery Taproom Venue Manager to help us get our new taproom cranking from day one.
If you’re up for the challenge, please read on for the type of person we are after, and for more on the role.
- A genuine and passionate personality that likes a challenge
- Has a solid craft beer/drinks product knowledge
- Understands the craft beer/drinks industry and its following
- Is a strong communicator
- Is highly organised
- Is a self-starter yet a great team player
- Can demonstrate the ability to lead a team
- Leads by example
- Has a high attention to detail
- Has a shared commitment to our TSB values – be fair, be kind and do what you do well.
- Has an ability to think quickly on your feet and proactively problem solve
- Experience in a similar hospitality role is essential
- Holds their RSA and is an RP
- Oversee the operations of the Brewery Taproom, be present in the venue and on shift
- Provide exceptional customer service and be the final escalation point for customer questions and complaints and be able to handle them in a diplomatic and professional manner
- Responsible for the recruitment, induction, supervision, performance management and rostering of part-time and casual front-of-house staff for the Brewery Taproom
- Develop, implement, and improve policies, systems and procedures for the venue.
- Maintain stock control and cash management
- Manage all venue customer, entertainment and catering bookings
- Collaborate with other staff to plan and execute successful internal events
- Work with the Founder/Managing Director to determine budgets and forecasts for the Brewery Taproom
- Be accountable for the profitability of the Brewery Taproom, ensuring revenue and customer satisfaction targets are met and exceeded
- Ensure all decisions are made in the best interest of the Brewery Taproom, Management and TSB
- Coordinate regular product sensory and knowledge training for all Brewery Taproom staff with our Head Brewer and Operations Director.
- Other duties as required to effectively manage the venue and provide an exceptional customer experience, or as directed by the Chief Beer Slinger
This is a new and important role for our business and the opportunity is there for the right candidate to make this role their own and ultimately grow with us as we grow. If you’re from interstate or regional and think this sounds like the role for you, don’t be shy and please apply – we are also happy to help with some relocation costs for the right person. Attractive remuneration will also be on offer for the right person.
If this sounds like the role for you, get in touch and come grow with us!
To apply please send a current copy of your resume along with a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org and tell us a little about yourself and why you think you’d be the person we just must choose for the role.
Applications close September 7, 2022.