Green Beacon brew consistently top notch beers and have the trophy cabinet to prove it.
If you'd like to join the team at their main production facility, they're hiring a lead brewer, with the position offering the chance for career progression through their business and parent company Asahi and support to gain further industry qualifications.
JOB DESCRIPTION: Lead Brewer
A fantastic opportunity exists to join the award winning team at Green Beacon Brewing Company in Brisbane as Lead Brewer. Reporting to our Head Brewer, you will lead the brewing team at our Brewery in North Brisbane, working with industry leading beers such as Wayfarer Tropical Pale Ale, 7 Bells Sour and Windjammer IPA.
The primary purpose of the role to manage and coordinate the Brewing Department at our Geebung brewery (People, Plant, Process and Systems) in order to achieve the required standard of product quality and output in the most efficient and effective manner.
- Maintain safety and housekeeping standards
- Support Head brewer to manage and improve flavour stability.
- Lead brewing projects
- Improve brewing hygiene.
- Brewing plan drawn up in conjunction with Production Manager and lead the brewing team to execute to ensure production plan is met
- Apply problem solving and decision making techniques and principles
What we want from you:
- The ability to work safely and have the physical capacity to perform the manual tasks associated with the position
- 5-7 years experience in Brewing or related field
- Understanding of process control within a brewing/process environment
- Assertive and analytical
- Proven Technical Brewing Knowledge & Ability
- Proven leadership ability
What you get from us:
- Competitive salary based on skill and experience
- Career progression through Green Beacon & Asahi, a fun environment within a growing company
- The opportunity to learn from some of the best brewers in the country
- Support through relevant industry qualification (e.g IBD General Certificate)
- Yes we get free beer – consumed responsibly of course!
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to register your interest in the position.