Matilda Bay helped launched the craft beer revolution in WA and these days, the brewery is based in the Yarra Valley.
If you'd like to lead their sales team, they want to hear from you.
Job Description: Head of Sales
Matilda Bay kick started the Australian craft and specialty beer revolution in 1983, while also revolutionising the pub scene in Western Australia and beyond.
At Matilda Bay we pride ourselves on being a team of owners and leaders. Our history is built on going against the grain, so it follows that we’ve built a team of independent thinkers. When Matilda Bay was set up nearly 40 years ago equality and diversity was at its core, and part of the reason Matilda Bay was so successful. So it goes without saying that employing a diverse team is top of the priority list.
Our high performing staff enjoy a range of benefits such as staff BBQs, staff development days (think learning how to brew beer and pouring beers at events) and have access to a range of product discounts (including free beer!)
A bit about the role
We have an opportunity for a Senior Sales professional to join the team as the Head of Sales. As the Head of Sales, you will play a key role on our leadership team here at Matilda Bay. With three direct reports, you will lead and develop the sales team to achieve distribution and VPO targets across both channels. You will be responsible for leading and developing the Matilda Bay commercial strategy, forming, and enabling the plan to deliver against commercial targets and ensuring relevant activation plans are built and executed in the on and off premise trade.
We have a growing presence across the on and off premise trade which allows us the opportunity to work closely with our joint venture partners at CUB to widen our exposure across the market.
Matilda Bay has a presence across Victoria and Western Australia we have ambitions to grow and are looking for someone to join the team to expand and help us on our next chapter of growth will this be you?
- Execute and develop the overarching Go to Market Strategy and commercial budget for Matilda Bay across the on and off premise.
- Execute and develop the local, state and national plan to achieve the financial, distribution and execution targets required to exceed the business plan.
- Work with relevant stakeholders (Customer Marketing, Contact Centre, National and Key Accounts) to ensure the team has the information and tools required to deliver results.
- Monitor and evaluate financial and execution metrics, identify gaps, and participate in implementing corrective actions or raising issues for resolution with the Matilda Bay/CUB Leadership teams and implement with key customers.
- Build and implement a Trade engagement plan leveraging the Brewery experience in consultation with the Venue Manager.
- Monitor customer satisfaction across the trade, resolving escalated issues and identifying opportunities and obstacles to drive growth.
- Manage all trade spend including discounts and rebates, to ensure business value and an appropriate return on investment.
- Work with Matilda Bay Head of Marketing to create annual plans to drive sales growth across on and off premise.
- Produce regular sales forecasts in consultation with Head of Finance to continually update sales forecasts and profit forecasts.
You have a clear passion for beer, and we hope ours! We are looking for someone who has significant sales experience preferably within the beverage industry.
- People leadership experience
- Hold and maintain a current, full driving license.
- Hold a current RSA certificate (may be obtained during induction program)
- Understanding and ability to communicate compelling brand, customer strategies, consumer insights to customers and sales teams.
- Demonstrated key account and customer relationship management experience.
A bit about Matilda Bay
Matilda Bay kick started the Australian craft and specialty beer revolution in 1983, while also revolutionising the pub scene in Western Australia and beyond. But enough about the past:
- Original founder and CEO Phil Sexton is back at the helm of the business after some years away founding businesses such as Little Creatures, Giant Steps Winery and Innocent Bystander Winery
- While the main Matilda Bay brewery is now beautifully positioned in Healesville in the Yarra Valley, we are an interstate team with people across both VIC and WA.
- This is a family affair: our state-of-the-art production facility is run by Phil and his son Harry, our head brewer
- The brewery and all our operations are certified carbon neutral and we run off 100% renewable electricity, one of the first breweries in Australia to be able to say that
- In the last 24 months our beers have won numerous awards, not limited to a Grand Champion trophy at the Queensland Beer Awards for our dark ale Dogbolter, and gold at the AIBAs for our Owl Original Ale (along with a bunch of other medals!)
- Matilda Bay is a partnership and is part of Fire & Earth Ventures, the entrepreneurial arm of Asahi and CUB in Australia
If you are ready to be part of the exciting, entrepreneurial journey of Matilda Bay, we’d love to hear from you.