Bright Brewery have a deep connection with their hometown and no visit to Bright is complete without stepping inside their brewpub.
But you'll find their beer in other parts of the country too and right now, they're searching for someone to help them establish a foothold in Queensland.
Job Description: QLD SALES AMBASSADOR
Here at Bright Brewery, we are adding to our MountainCrafted crew and we are on the hunt for an On & Off-Premise Sales Ambassador for the Queensland market.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
We are looking for someone to help grow and establish our QLD footprint in both on and off premise markets.
Our key values of ACTIVE – SUSTAINABLE – AUTHENTIC are the cornerstones of everything we do at Bright Brewery. From brewing beers that reflect the bold and wild environment in which they are crafted, to embracing the outdoor lifestyle that our region offers, Bright Brewery helps form the heart of our community. We’re a vibrant and growing business that values the authenticity of our products, services and people, with a sustainable future for all.
WHO YOU ARE
We are looking for an experienced sales/hospitality pro, preferably with a track record in the alcohol sales but are willing to train a motivated and enthusiastic candidate.
As the Sales Ambassador, you will manage and grow an established network of contacts across Queensland retail and hospitality venues. You will act as an Ambassador for Bright Brewery, and embrace our brand, our values, and our lifestyle. The right person will be rewarded with an attractive package and excellent work-life balance.
WHO WE ARE
Bright Brewery is a family-owned brewery and fiercely independent brewery, bar, restaurant and bike hub, located in the heart of Bright, Victoria, which has been established for over 15 years. During this time, we have built a reputation for high quality beer and great customer service, culminating in a being inducted into the Victorian Tourism Hall of Fame in 2019, after being named Victoria’s Best Brewery three years in a row.
We also collected a Champion’s Trophy at the 2019 Indie Beer Awards! We have a very strong, values-based approach to managing our business and value Authenticity, Active Lifestyles, and a Sustainable approach to all that we do. In 2018, we completed a multi-million-dollar investment in a large production facility, to increase brewing capacity and enable us to continue our expansion into a wider wholesale craft beer market.
YOUR KEY TASKS
The key tasks that you will perform as our Brand Ambassador will perform are:
- Drive the wholesale of Bright Brewery beers to bottle-shops, restaurants, bars and venues, and other retail and hospitality outlets across Greater Queensland.
- Be an excellent Ambassador for our brands, values and lifestyle
- Achieve budgeted sales targets and KPIs.
- Identify and capitalise on market opportunities to build sales and profitability
- Work autonomously to manage and grow accounts, as well as brand awareness and reputation
- Relationship management, including prioritisation of key customers and new customer development
- Providing a superior level of service to our customers
- Work with our East Coast Sales team as well as our National Sales Manager on growing sales and brand awareness across Queensland.
- Organise in-store tastings and promotions and point of sale displays
- Identify realistic opportunities to increase sales
- Activate or host events both on and off premise, including festivals
YOU WILL HAVE:
- Experience in the Queensland Hospitality scene
- An understanding of:
- The wholesale liquor market
- Business drivers for an independent business,
- On-premise and retail trade,
- Beer-related events.
- Relationship management and communication skills
- Connections to the craft beer industry
- Ability to work autonomously
- Knowledge and passion for beer and how it is produced
- Flexibility with working hours, including readiness to work after hours and on weekend events at events, festivals and brand activations
- Commitment to invest time in brand development
- Permanent Australian resident
- A long term outlook
- True commitment to the role and business values
- A good fit for Bright Brewery brand and culture
Bright Brewery was founded in 2005 from a passion for well-made beer, a love for the town of Bright and its pristine alpine environment, and the adventurous outdoors lifestyle that the High Country provides.
What started as a little tin shed on Bright’s Great Alpine Road has grown to a stunning riverside venue with seating for more than 500 people, and a state-of-the-art purpose-built production brewery.
Today, Bright Brewery continues as a independent family business, owned and managed by Scott Brandon with his management team, employing more than 70 local staff.
Bright Brewery was named Victoria’s Best Tourism Brewery in 2017, 2018 and 2019, and was inducted into the Victorian Tourism Hall of Fame in 2019. We produce many award-winning beers and claimed a Champion’s Trophy at the 2019 Australian Independent Beer Awards. Our Head Brewer will be driven to build on these successes and high standards.
To read more about us, please head here.
This is a full-time, permanent position, based in Queensland that will involve after hours and weekend work on occasion.
A competitive remuneration package is negotiable for the right applicant, including:
- Salary plus commission
- Attractive bonus and incentive plan
- Training and support
- Vehicle allowance
This role will be working directly for our East Coast Sales partnership company The Liquid Link and will not be a direct employment role with Bright Brewery. As a part of this role you will be responsible for the sales of additional Liquid Link products along with Bright Brewery beers.
Please send your application, including a Cover Letter addressing the Skills and Experience mentioned above, and your CV, to:
Thomas McKnight: email@example.com.
Evin Craney: firstname.lastname@example.org.