They make a whole lot of fun beer at KAIJU! and always have some exciting stories to tell.
If you're a marketing professional who'd like to share those stories, they want to hear from you.
Job Description: Marketing and Communications Manager
KAIJU! Beer is looking for a Marketing and Communications Manager with a broad range of experience to join our team.
We’re in need of a marketing professional with experience in developing strategies, creating content, managing social media and delivering standout communications and activations to help grow the KAJIU! brand. The ideal candidate will be someone who loves balancing strategy development with hands on work in implementing and executing those ideas.
Over the last few years we have doubled the size of our brewhouse and we opened our brewpub, KAIJU! Cantina, earlier in 2022. KAIJU KRUSH! has consistently been ranked as one of Australia’s top brews, and you will find our beers and cider in major retailers and all the best independents, pubs and bars nationwide.
Working closely with the CEO and company management you will be a highly-empowered and pivotal part of ensuring KAIJU! Beer is top of mind for beer consumers. You will have considerable freedom within this agile business to deliver marketing and branding strategies that engage our customers in fun ways and develop positive brand associations.
You don’t necessarily need beer experience (though experience in beer, other FMCG or hospitality will be highly regarded) but you do need to have a genuine passion for promoting well-crafted products and high quality food and beverage. If you have been part of the formative growth of another successful lifestyle brand or have great ideas for how to achieve that, we want to speak to you.
You may be coming from a larger team, you may be coming from a startup, but you will be a creative and strategic thinker and action-oriented person, willing to forge a new path to help us stand out. We’re a small team and there’s a lot of room to make a big difference and be a formative part of our growth.
- Oversee development, implementation and execution of new marketing strategies for both KAIJU! Beer and KAIJU! Cantina - including product launches, campaigns, events, digital marketing, and PR.
- Work with key stakeholders within the business to assist with implementing successful strategies for both our current range and New Product Development for both independent and national accounts - including writing copy for trade, customers, social media platforms, e-Commerce and press releases.
- Lead the development of new point of sale, marketing materials and collateral, including design briefs, printing and coordinating timely delivery out to trade.
- Develop and implement a strong social media strategy with an emphasis on ensuring our voice continues to resonate with our target audience.
- Launch and operate KAIJU!'s new eCommerce shop
- Maintain and develop sponsorship and partnership opportunities.
- Successfully manage KAIJU!’s participation in activations, festivals and events.
- Undertake continuous analysis and provide in-depth reporting on competitive environment and consumer trends to ensure the ongoing relevance of all marketing activities.
Requirements of the role:
- Experience and proven track record of success in a marketing and/or communications environment.
- Exceptional communication, copywriting, editing and content creation skills.
- Demonstrated ability in managing the execution of events, activations and campaigns to a high standard, within budget and timelines.
- Experience with eCommerce, running a site of the Shopify platform, digital marketing, as well as an understanding of fulfillment.
- Innovative, driven and dynamic with a willingness to act decisively, move quickly and get your hands dirty.
- Confident to make appropriate decisions independently and work both autonomously and as part of a small, highly agile team.
- Entrepreneurial mindset with the ability to spot original branding opportunities.
- Curiosity about the beer world/independent drinks market and interest in high-quality food and beverage.
This role is based at our brewery in Dandenong South and brewpub in Huntingdale, and we offer flexible working/work from home arrangements. This is a full-time role, however, we may be flexible with a part-time arrangement for the right candidate.
If you are interested in working with us but feel like you meet some but not all of the requirements then we’d love to hear from you anyway. We highly value diverse life experiences and perspectives and we’re open to adapting the role to suit the right person.
If you think this role is for you, please tell us why, and send your CV with a cover letter outlining why you’d be a great fit to firstname.lastname@example.org.