Feral are craft beer pioneers in WA and launched in the Swan Valley some two decades ago.
These days their production takes place in Bassendean and if you'd like to join them, they're hiring a packaging manager.
Job Description: Packaging Supervisor
Feral Brewing Company was born out of the red dirt of the Swan Valley in 2002. Before craft beer really existed in WA, we decided to have a crack at brewing beers unlike anything seen on the domestic market, by definition ‘Feral’.
Feral is now well regarded as one of the top craft breweries in Australia, and consistently creates some of the best and most awarded beers in Australia.
We are looking to hire a leadership role to operate and supervise our packaging team and packaging/warehousing operations, located at our manufacturing site in Bassendean.
This Packaging Supervisor role is a key leadership position amongst Feral’s production team. It will require someone that is passionate and dedicated to the role, the business and the beer! The job is not a normal 9 to 5, but will require you to dig deep or go the extra mile at times.
The role will work on a rotating roster, between the hours of 6am and 6pm. A standard working shift will be 8-hours, Monday to Friday. Your working hours will be split between working alongside our packaging operator and casual staff members to achieve each day’s schedule production targets. This will involve packaging start-up, running our automated canning line and kegging machine, closing down and cleaning. The role will also involve supervising the packaging and warehouse team, purchasing raw materials, record keeping, stock take, packaging maintenance management and maintaining and improving safety and quality standards.
Working for Feral comes with plenty of benefits. You will be working within a tight knit small group of people that are passionate about their jobs and the products that they produce.
- A passion for beer is essential.
- Availability to work a roster, 6am to 6pm, Monday to Friday is essential.
- Forklift ticket is essential.
- FMCG manufacturing experience is essential.
- Good problem-solving ability and a high level of attention to detail will be essential.
- Leadership experience will be highly regarded.
- Experience in maintenance or a mechanically minded individual will be highly regarded.
- Some weekend work will be required on occasion.
- The position will require some heavy lifting. The applicant will be required to regularly perform mechanical assisted lifting of 50L kegs (62.5kg) and unassisted lifting of 6kg/9kg cartons.
Tasks & Responsibilities
- Physical production of beer in can cartons and kegs as required, including handling of raw materials, processing and packaging products.
- Planning and monitoring of beer, scheduling and assigning of personnel, packaging and raw materials to maximise yields and maintain a cost-efficient operation.
- Supervision and training of other production staff to ensure safe and efficient production and quality assurance.
- Regular reporting on production KPIs.
- Planning, sourcing and purchasing of raw materials and management of stock.
- Planning and scheduling repairs and maintenance.
- Ensuring our facility meets the highest standards of safety and cleanliness and complies with all WHS requirements.
We work hard and we love sharing our passion for craft beer! We want great people to be a part of our journey. If you love our beer and think you would be a great fit for our packaging team, we'd love to hear from you. Send us a resume and cover letter detailing your current experience and what makes you a motivated individual ready to fill this role.
Feral Brewing Co is an equal-opportunity employer.
Please send your resume and a cover letter detailing why you would like to work for Feral to email@example.com.