Burnley Brewing are based in the suburb which shares the same name and also operate a production brewery in Dandenong.
If you want to join them, the brewery team is looking to take on a new member.
JOB DESCRIPTION: EXPERIENCED BREWER
Burnley Brewing are an independent brewery with a brewpub in Richmond and production brewery in Dandenong. Our in-house brewery is the centrepiece of the pub, so our brewers can always interact directly with customers while they work.
Named 2018’s Best New Brewery by Beer & Brewer magazine, 2019's Brewery To Watch by the Ale of a Time podcast and RateBeer best new Brewery 2019, Burnley Brewing has been going from strength to strength since starting out in late 2017. We're stoked to be growing so fast and are on the hunt for a superstar brewer to expand our brewing team.
About the position
We’re looking for an experienced and enthusiastic brewer who will be able to carry out all daily procedures within the brewery independently and meticulously. From wort production to packaging to playing foosball, this role requires someone who can be both dynamic and precise, while representing us with pride.
We’re looking for someone who can fit into our small team like a glove. Working with our head brewer Michael Stanzel, we’re on the hunt for someone with excellent communication skills, who can follow instructions exactly, while still being able to take initiative and work independently. If you're passionate about great beer, take pride in what you do and can have a little fun while working hard, we’ll get along just dandy.
- Running the operation of our new 6-fill-head CODI system with an exceptional level of attention to detail
- Wort production
- Follow safe work procedures
- Keep the brewery obsessively clean
- CIP on Tanks, brewhouse and kegs
- Running a Centrifuge and filtration
- Cellar work, including monitoring tanks, managing yeast, dry hopping etc.
- Maintain accurate documentation of brewing process
- Problem solving when mechanical problems arise
- Maintenance of brewhouse, tanks, lab equipment etc.
- Representing the brewery at our in-house brewpub and events.
- Minimum one-year experience in a production brewery setting
- Previous experience on a canning line favourable
- Formal education preferred
- Flexibility with shift work
- Valid Australian forklift licence preferred
- Can’t be allergic to dogs
Please send all resumes, cover letters and any supporting documentation to firstname.lastname@example.org.