Slipstream's Brisbane home is a popular venue and home to their core range and regular limited releases.
If you'd like to run that venue, the brewery whats to hear from you.
Job Description: Venue Manager
We are a small team of passionate people, producing some of the most accessible and sessionable craft beers in Australia. Our beers are brewed with nothing but pure flavour in mind, with our popular, award-winning core range line-up as well as a regular limited release program & exclusive small batch program for our venue.
Our 250 pax venue seamlessly connects customers to our brewery and brewing team and we are on the hunt for an experienced and well-organised Venue Manager to operate our hospitality business.
As the key person responsible for our venue, you’ll work closely with the Slipstream leadership team to create a world class beer experience. You’ll be responsible for continuing the awesome work done to date in bringing to life our venue and create a true destinational experience for the community of Brisbane and beyond.
- All day to day operations for the Slipstream Brewing Venue
- Ensure rigorous adherence to compliance and safety standards for staff and customers.
- Recruit, induct and train a passionate Front of House team.
- Working with the management team, deliver the highest quality Slipstream beer experience.
- Create a cohesive and united vision/front whilst also focusing primarily on the venue, beer and customer experience.
- Manage beverage and labour costs in relation to revenue and implement strategies to achieve business targets
- Foster a culture of customer engagement, retention and strong loyalty by leading innovative and targeted initiatives, which maintains venue popularity year-round.
- Manage and coordinate a calendar of functions and events, representing Slipstream in a professional manner at all times
- Engage all internal and external stakeholders – staff, contractors, suppliers, invoicing to ensure all operations are delivered to exact specification
- Maintain high levels of communication between the venue and management team.
- Provide office administration and support as required
- Front of house management, financial management, team leadership, and stakeholder and customer relations.
- A passionate Leader and enthusiastic beer lover.
- Energy, enthusiasm, positivity - and bucketloads of it!
- Proven management experience in charge of a busy venue
- Extensive event and planning experience within the hospitality industry
- Previous experience in managing venue operations, or similar
- QLD RMLV and Approved manager
- Financial acumen with regard to forecasting and operations management
- Time management and ability to prioritise tasks
- Strong communication, negotiation and relationship skills
- Competent IT Skills
- A strong connection to Brisbane, with local contacts
- A highly structured and organised approach, managing multiple tasks simultaneously
- Impeccable presentation and hygiene standards
- Flexible availability to suit business needs.
- A solid understanding of the financial aspects of running a successful venue including product costing and stock control
- The ability to operate a venue and function spaces simultaneously with KPI’s, wage and beverage cost management
- POS management experience
- Ability to motivate and lead the team by example
- Ability to build a strong productive team
- Permanent visa holders and Australian residents welcome
Apply now with a cover letter stating why you think this is the position for you, along with your resume.
Please note, only successful candidates will be contacted