Capital Brewing are a fast-growing brewery based in the nation's capital. To help with sales, they've just created the role of Key Account Manager, with the right candidate able to work anywhere on Australia's east coast.
Job Description: Key Account Manager
Capital Brewing Co is one of Australia’s largest independently owned craft breweries and has been making award-winning Good Natured Brews from our Canberra brewery and taproom since mid-2017. We have recently achieved B Corp Certification, one of only 3 breweries in Australia to hold the certification, and we are the first brewery in Australia to certify carbon neutral under the Federal Government Climate Active Program.
We are dedicated to making great beer with an uncompromising focus on quality. In 2023 5 of our beers were featured in the GABS hottest 100. We all love what we do, work hard, and have fun doing it. The opportunity now exists for an experienced National Key Account Manager Manager to join our Sales team.
This is a senior role responsible for some of our highest volume accounts, we’re looking for a proven track record of driving distribution and volume per outlet, new business development, product launches and working with internal and external stakeholders. You will need sound commercial acumen, and a love of great beer!
Based in East Coast Australia, this role is focused on growing distribution and volume per outlet in our key major retail accounts Nationally including Coles Liquor Group and Endeavour Drinks Group.
Coordination with our merchandising partners and field sales team to deliver exceptional In venue activation,customer service and education will form part of the daily role.
Working with our retail partners and NPD team to develop innovative new products that meet market demand and further strengthen our relationship and volume within major retail channels.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Provides legendary service to Capital Brewing Co key account customers
- Manages and executes national strategies for key accounts
- Develops and executes strategic plans to achieve set sales targets and distribution growth goals
- Manages and plans range reviews to reflect the sales and distribution growth strategy
- Works closely with the Marketing and field sales team to plan and activate promotional activity to support growth and brand awareness
- Works closely with the NPD team to ensure innovative new products are meeting key account and consumer demand and timeframes
- Works closely with the Independent Channels Key Account Manager to plan promotional schedules, NPD launches and other brand activity
- Provides timely and accurate forecasting and reporting to inform production schedules
- Manages the relationship within key accounts by encouraging feedback, maintaining appropriate contact, and striving to ensure that the customer needs are fully understood at all times
- Manages external agencies who work in partnership with Capital Brewing Co to ensure clear communication and alignment to organisational goals, provides timely feedback to ensure maximum value is derived from agencies
- Represent Capital Brewing Co at industry and consumer events as required
- Creates and maintains an effective call cycle to ensure appropriate communication with all active accounts and leads to maximise sales opportunities setting clear objectives for each call
- Uses and maintains customer information in CRM to effectively carry out duties and communicate key information with colleagues and manager
- Works with the Field Sales Manager and Managing Directors to set achievable sales targets which support the future growth of the business and achieves agreed-upon goals
Key Performance Indicators:
- All designated tasks are completed in a timely manner, adhering to deadlines and producing work to a consistently high standard
- Meets or exceeds volume and growth targets for key accounts nationally
- Delivers high-quality promotional campaigns that support growth and awareness of the Capital Brewing Co brand
- Delivers timely reporting on sales and contributes to the sales strategy for Key Accounts
- Logs every customer call in SalesForce upon call completion
- Captures information about the venue, key contact, call discussion & future planning for growth.
Desired Skills & Experience
You will bring:
- Experience from a similar sales-driven role
- A proven track record in building and maintaining relationships
- A detail-oriented approach to your written communication
- The drive to exceed sales targets and support your team in achieving shared goals
- Strong planning and organisational skills