If you're a regular reader of The Crafty Pint, you'll need no introduction to Hop Nation, award-winning brewers who also turn their hands to seltzer and wine.
And if you'd like to be part of their brewery team, they're hiring.
JOB DESCRIPTION: ASSISTANT BREWER OR BREWER
Hop Nation Brewing Co is a craft brewery known for hop-forward beers, quality ingredients, and experimentation. What started out as a pipe dream for friends Duncan Gibson and Sam Hambour, has in seven short years become one of Australia’s most loved and awarded craft breweries.
Our heart is in Footscray, where the tap room serves fresh beer from over 15 taps; but more recently expanded with a production facility in Mornington and restaurant in West Footscray.
Currently we are looking for a full-time assistant brewer or brewer.
Place of work: 20 Latham St, Mornington, the location of our Mornington production site.
Hours may vary to align with staffing and production needs. All shifts (morning, afternoon, and occasionally on weekends) may be required.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Wort production on our 4 vessel 32hL DME brewhouse
- FV sampling, testing and general cellaring tanks
- Yeast management
- Keg cleaning, filling and wrapping of finished goods
- Performing stocktakes
- Preparing and operating the CODI canning line
- FV and BBT CIP and sanitation
- Preparing and operating the GEA Centrifuge
- Maintaining brewery cleanliness and all clean-up/maintenance schedules
- Receiving and unloading raw materials
- Preparing raw materials for planned production
- Operate equipment in a safe and efficient manner
- Complete all necessary paperwork accurately and on time
- Perform other duties as assigned
The fun stuff:
- Attractive remuneration
- Yearly beer allowance + discounts across products
- Join Australia’s International Beer Awards 2021 Winner of Champion Victorian Brewery & Champion Australian Medium Sized Brewery
- Fast track your brewing career
- Our team & our culture! We bloody love what we do and we have a whole lot of fun!
As there is some scope between the brewer and assistant brewer role, we are open to all levels of qualification and experience.
Hop Nation Brewing Co values equal opportunity and enjoys a diverse and inclusive work environment. Applications are encouraged from those who live with a disability, identify as LGBTQI+, are of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander descent, and people of all other cultural backgrounds.
CVs and cover letter are to be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications are open until May 31, 2023.