Communion Brewing's home is right by the beach in Burnie and although small, they've developed a reputation thanks to their gold medals and thriving brewpub.
If you'd like to lead all things beer for this Tassie brewery, they're keen to hear from you.
Job Description: Head Brewer
We are seeking an experienced and keen brewer for the Head Brewer position at Communion Brewing Co in Burnie, Tasmania… a thriving 120 seat brewpub/restaurant. Communion is small enough to get to know the locals and big enough for gold medals and state-wide distribution. This is an awesome chance for an experienced brewer to take a bit more ownership (and glory!) instead of just being in a production facility.
As the Head Brewer, you will be involved in all aspects of the brewing process (planning, stock control, packaging, inventory management) and will work with the owner, venue manager and head chef to build on the reputation already created. Communion Brewing Co is a relatively small brewery (500L brewhouse) with a solid following and plenty of room for growth. The Head Brewer will be joining the owner and a brewery assistant to produce a very drinkable (and award winning) core range of beers, plus an ever-expanding list of special releases.
- Oversee the entire brewing process including cleaning, brew day, tank scheduling, canning/kegging etc
- Develop new beer recipes and tweak existing ones based on customer feedback and market trends
- Manage the brewery’s schedule to ensure the flow of beer to our restaurant and wholesale customers
- Maintain brewery equipment to ensure proper operation and safety standards
- Manage and train brewing/venue staff to ensure proper execution of brewing processes and procedures
- Implement and manage quality control measures to ensure consistent product quality
- Maintain all documentation from inventory to production using the Beer30 software already in place
- Participate in festivals, tastings, tours and other events to promote Communion Brewing Co
- Foster and grow key relationships with suppliers and partner breweries
- Love beer, and the brewing industry!
- At least 3 years of professional brewing experience, with a proven track record of creating high-quality beer
- Strong knowledge of brewing science, including recipe development, ingredient selection, and brewing techniques
- Strong understanding of quality control measures and techniques
- Formal brewing qualifications will be an advantage
- Experience managing people
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- High level of emotional intelligence and self-awareness
- Forklift licence and experience
If you are passionate about great, local, craft beer and are looking for a role which can provide both the ability to grow, the creative licence to explore, plus the chance to really put your name to an excellent product, then you should you apply for this exciting opportunity!
Specifics about this role:
- Burnie is a beachside city on the picturesque NW Coast of Tasmania. Surfing, mountains and world class bike trails are all on your doorstep.
- Salary will be dependant on experience.
- Some assistance with relocation is also possible
- Hours will generally be Monday to Friday with some festival/tour work on weekends.
- Flexible working hours are possible, as is a part time role if preferred
- Start date is ASAP
Do you want to see what else makes working in Burnie great? Take a look here.
Applications close when a suitable candidate has been chosen.
Apply now: firstname.lastname@example.org.