Prancing Pony in the Adelaide Hills has arrived on the Aussie microbrewing scene in quite spectacular style.
Armed with award-winning beers, colourful branding, its “fire brewed” story and a welcoming cellar door and bar, it has enjoyed amazing growth and, little more than a year after launching, is weighing up a move to a bigger site.
Such growth means their co-founder and head brewer Frank is after some help.
If you’d like to jump on the Pony, read on…
Job Description: Assistant Brewer
The Prancing Pony Brewery is a small boutique brewery located in the Adelaide Hills, South Australia. We have a unique point of difference: We fire brew.
With a direct heat source under the brewkettle we create full flavoured beers with big malt profiles that are nicely balanced with big hop aromas. Our 10 hl brewhouse is located in full view to visitors and is open to the public seven days a week from 10am to 6pm. Beers are offered to guests visiting the brewshed and are sold to 200 plus venues including restaurants, bottle-shops, wineries and pubs in SA. The brewshed is visited by locals and tourists and our brewery tours and food offerings are well received. Since starting our brewery in 2011, we have experienced significant growth and we are now looking for a passionate Assistant Brewer with a minimum of two years of brewing experience to join our small team.
We are looking for someone who has a passion for beer, is knowledgeable and experienced in crafting full bodied, full flavoursome beers. We are looking for an outgoing person, passionate about quality and not afraid to do the hard yard as our production output increases. We are looking for a person that loves the craft beer industry and is looking for a position with growth potential.
The Assistant Brewer will be involved in all aspects of the beer brewing process and tasks include but are not limited to:
- Preparation of the brewhouse in readiness for brewing a variety of beers
- Grain management
- Cleaning and sanitation of the brewing and bottling equipment; must be familiar with CIP practices.
- Packaging, bottling and kegging
- Preparation and dispatch of beers for delivery
- Goods receiving
- Maintaining a clean and safe environment in the Brewshed and Warehouse
- Some front of house interactions and customer contact are part of the working environment.
Qualifications, skills and aptitudes:
- Understanding of the brewing process and previous commercial brewing experience are essential. We are not looking for an enthusiastic home brewer, wear looking for a brewer that has commercial brewing experience. Recognised brewing qualifications are an advantage.
- Ability to work in a physically demanding environment with little or no automation for most processes.
- Demonstrated excellence in record keeping and experienced in maintaining electronic records.
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Work under the direction of the Head brewer and ability to think and act in response to challenges when presented.
- Be interested in representing the brewery in public, at functions, fairs and festivals.
- Initiative and forward thinking are welcome
- Must enjoy working in a small team
- A discerning taste for beers and love for Blues are well regarded.
Interested? Please send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org
Your application should include a cover letter detailing how your previous experience is relevant at the Prancing Pony Brewery.