The chances are you already know Holgate well.
The Woodend brewery is one of few micros in existence in Australia that has been operating since the last millennium.
They brew one of the most eclectic ranges of beers, from hoppy ales to barrel-aged Belgians and pretty much anything else you can think of.
And now there’s a chance for you to help brew them…
Job Description: Brewer
Holgate Brewhouse is one of the pioneers of the Australian craft beer industry, and from 1999 this family business has gone from strength to strength, focusing on brewing all our beers in-house at Woodend, Victoria.
With extra capacity available through recent initiatives we now require an additional brewer to join our team in pumping out our tasty and unique craft beers. Reporting directly to owner/founder Paul Holgate, and joining alongside our team of brewers, the successful candidate will hold down a variety of shifts, from brewing to cellaring, laboratory work, keg cleaning and filling, bottling line, centrifuge and filtration.
Be involved in a progressive independent business as we design, plan and install our new brewery â a greenfield building, new Brewhouse and packaging line.
The ideal Candidate:
- You will come with a love of craft beer and the technical aspects and magic of creating brews from the goodness of nature’s hops, malt, yeast and water.
- You will have a suitable Brewing qualification, or working towards one, and ideally have experience at other commercial breweries.
- You will love getting your âhands dirtyâ working with the team in knocking out a brew, cleaning kegs or operating the bottle line. But also have the diligence and care to manage yeast propagations and fermentation/cellar management.
To be successful in this role you must also have:
- strong personal, team building and empathy skills
- high self motivation to get the job done with various stake-holders relying on you
- high personal integrity to uphold the Holgate name in the market
- a strong knowledge of recipe development and technical brewing
- knowledge of Excel spread-sheets and very PC literate in adapting to Accounting packages
- ability and diligence to focus on meeting monthly KPIs on production targets, record keeping, and brewery house-keeping
This is a fantastic opportunity to work within a successful business that is on a strong growth curve, with a commitment for brewing ourselves and generating interest and education on craft beer through our own Brewpub, Hotel and brewing operations in Woodend, Victoria.
With a dynamic and respected brand in the industry, you will be rewarded for your commitment and determination to succeed and seeing the brand develop to a new level both in Australia and export.
Remuneration commensurate with experience, including bonus for meeting production targets.
Contact Paul Holgate â Founder/BrewMaster/Business Manager – at email@example.com or by calling 0408 744 487.