Stone & Wood is one of Australia's leading independent brewers. The Northern Rivers based crew have created a new role with the aim of maintaining and evolving their impressive quality standards.
If you're an experienced brewer with a keen eye for all things quality looking for a leadership role, they want to hear from you.
JOB DESCRIPTION: QUALITY LEADER (NSW)
Good beer is our thing.
A regional brewery and an iconic brand, Stone & Wood is renowned in Australia and increasingly overseas for making handcrafted Aussie brews that make the most of the ingredients that are available today. Born & raised in Byron Bay, Stone & Wood takes a fresh approach to brewing beer in the Northern Rivers of NSW, one of the greatest places on Earth.
With an obsession for quality, we have a keen focus from grain to glass to ensure that our beer is served to the drinker in the condition that the brewer intended. It is at the heart of all we do and our aim to brew beers that are simply good to drink.
This newly created leadership role will report to our Head of Production and takes carriage of our commitment to the highest standards of quality across the span of our business. The role will focus on quality in our breweries, but in line with our end-to-end quality philosophy, the role scope will also extend to logistics as well as trade quality.
This opportunity is all about:
- Leading the quality control and assurance agenda across Stone & Wood, including leadership of the quality team
- Leading and executing plans, strategies and actions that contribute to the ongoing maintenance and further development of stringent quality standards
- Bringing world’s best practice thinking and innovations to our quality approach
- Advising and supporting our teams on key projects, process improvement and quality escalations
- Oversee and champion our sensory development and management approach
- Ensuring the right systems, documentation and procedures are in place
- Partnering and leading the people and teams that support the quality of our product: lab, trade, brewing, packaging, logistics.
This one is for you if you:
- Thrive on driving the standards, processes and steps that ensure next level quality control and assurance
- Love working with people, engaging them and supporting them in executing with quality in mind
- Have proven expertise in quality control in a brewery environment:
- maybe you’re in a dedicated brewing leadership or quality role with a larger brewery now?
- maybe you’re playing a broad role in a smaller brewery and quality is your thing?
- Are experienced in developing SOP, training matrices, systems and documentation
- Are a good brewer… if you do say so yourself!
- Know a bit about both sides of production; packaging & brewing
- Ideally have an IBD Diploma or equivalent
- Are degree qualified in a relevant field (science, engineering etc)
- Understand and fit our culture
This is a full-time role based at our awesome brewery in Murwillumbah, with some travel to Byron and out to trade as required.
If you think this role is for you, please apply with a one page cover letter and your CV through our website by visiting the Work With Us section.
Applications close 5pm, Monday 27 August, 2017.