Since opening the doors of its brewery venue in Torquay, it's been onwards and upwards for Blackman's Brewery: expansion, awards, a bar in Geelong, a baby for the owners. If you'd like to join them, they're after a beer loving head chef.
JOB DESCRIPTION: HEAD CHEF (VIC)
We’re looking for a Head Chef who loves beer!
Blackman's Brewery is an award-winning brewery in Torquay, brewing quality beer on the coast. We are 100% independently owned, and we brew and package everything onsite ourselves. The Blackman's Brewery kitchen has just had a premium wood-fire oven installed and we're looking for an enthusiastic Pizza Specialist to come and lead our team in the kitchen.
If you are passionate about quality food and interested in the idea of making food and beer work together, then this job is for you.
The Blackman's Brewery kitchen is a high energy, busy and fun environment that pumps out a share-style menu, to complement the beers we brew out the back with a new focus on wood fired pizza and wood fired specials. The primary responsibility in the role is to manage and maintain the Blackman's Brewery kitchen & the successful applicant will hold the following skills & experience:
- Able to lead and manage a team with a hands on approach
- Previous experience as a Pizza Chef
- Demonstrated experience in making dough, stretching, cooking pizza, & controlling oven
- Ability to work in a high energy work environment
- Understanding of HACCP food safety standards
- Highly developed interpersonal skills with proven ability to build effective relationships
- Excellent communication skills
- Possess initiative and a 'can do' attitude
- Must be available full-time and able to work weekends and public holidays
We really love good beer, but we really love good food as well and it's important to us that the quality of food we offer matches the quality of our beer.