Hemingway's is a brewpub located in a marina in Port Douglas. Its owners are set to open a second, larger operation on the waterfront in Cairns in 2018.
Right now, however, they're looking to hire a brewer on a short term contract for their Port Douglas operation.
JOB DESCRIPTION: HANDS-ON BREWER – SHORT TERM
Hemingway's Brewery is situated on the beautiful Crystalbrook Superyacht Marina (formerly The Reef Marina) in Port Douglas. Hemingway's is the first of its kind in Far North Queensland and offers a relaxed brewpub vibe where you can enjoy handcrafted beers suited to the tropical climate and fresh local produce. Hemingway’s is also expanding with a newer and larger Brewpub due to open in Cairns on the waterfront in 2018.
We are looking for an enthusiastic brewer for a short-term contract over summer. If you have hands-on experience with a small brewery set up of 10 to 20 hL, or even larger, and would like a brewing holiday in paradise, we’d like to hear from you. This is a great opportunity for someone trying to build up their resume in the industry and also has the potential to grow into full-time employment for the right individual.
Qualities we are looking for:
- A team player who can accurately follow instructions
- A strong work ethic and willingness to go the ‘extra mile’
- A high attention to detail
- A sense of humour and able to tell a good yarn whilst consuming your favourite Hemingway’s brew.
- Good interpersonal communication skills
- Strong and healthy (work will involve heavy lifting)
You will have:
- Previous hands-on brewing experience
- Good understanding of Work Health & Safety
- Experience in bottling would be an advantage
- A love of beer
- Great team spirit
- Great staff benefits
- On the job training
If you possess the above attributes, please send your resume with a cover letter detailing how you could contribute to the Hemingway’s team to firstname.lastname@example.org.