Since launching in 2015, Archie Rose Distilling Co has quickly secured a reputation as one of Australia’s leading craft distillers. The team behind the award-winning Sydney spirit maker is now are on the hunt for a new distiller, and here’s what you need to know about the role.
JOB DESCRIPTION: PRODUCTION DISTILLER
Archie Rose Distilling Co is a young, independent distillery with a progressive approach to crafting quality spirits. Our industry-leading team have been responsible for the production of an extensive range of award winning spirits which are enjoyed by discerning drinkers across the country and overseas.
Based in the centre of Sydney, Archie Rose is one of the fastest growing distilleries in the country allowing for career progression and skills growth. If you are looking for a career within a dynamic team that offers the satisfaction of creating innovative products then this could be the job for you.
We are looking for a passionate distiller to join our expanding team. To be successful in this role, the applicant will be a driven and committed professional with two years food or beverage manufacturing experience. You will ideally have a strong working knowledge of brewing, fermentation, maturation and/or distilling best practice.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Brewing and fermentation of whiskies
- Distillation of numerous spirit styles including whisky, gin and vodka.
- Assessing and blending spirits
- Filling and caring for casks
- Preparing raw ingredients for processing
- Taking and maintaining precise records of production activities
- Contribution to product development and implementation
- Ensuring production area and equipment cleanliness and sanitation
- General distillery upkeep and maintenance
- Loading and unloading of deliveries
- Maintenance of a safe work environment by adhering to OH&S procedures
- Honed sensory analysis skills
- Formal qualifications in applicable food science, science, engineering, brewing or distilling (highly regarded but not essential)
- Outstanding Attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Ability to learn new tasks quickly
- Availability to work various shifts including weekends and nights
If you have an inherent attention to detail, propensity to work hard, a love of quality spirits and have the experience and skills required, please apply.
Please note that as this is a full-time position, only applications from holders of permanent work visas will be considered.
If this sounds like the job for you, then send a copy of your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date for all applications is May 18, 2018.