Since late in 2015, the family behind Bad Shepherd has made it their mission to lead drinkers into temptation via good beer. If you want to help them in that worthy mission, they're on the hunt for a new brewer.
Here's what you need to know about the role...
Job Description: Brewer
We are Bad Shepherd Brewing Co., an independent microbrewery and BBQ smokehouse located in the Bayside suburb of Cheltenham, Victoria. We’re here to make beer that is tasty, interesting and fulfilling. That’s the way beer should be.
Our beers have won multiple medals at the Australian International Beer Awards including four golds and we were runner to Champion Small Australian Brewery in 2017. Our Hazelnut Brown Ale has also consistently been voted one of Australia’s hottest beers for three consecutive years.
To that end, we are seeking a passionate and creative brewer to join our team.
About the role:
This role is fast paced and physically demanding but if brewing and craft beer is your passion, you will find this an extremely rewarding opportunity.
You will be expected to be able to function autonomously as a brewer leading brewing, cleaning, packaging and regular brewery maintenance. You will have the opportunity to grow into Operations Management with training in forecasting, brewery scheduling, recipe development, quality control/labwork, etc. This is a full time role (5 days per week). In order to meet our production demands, you will be required to be flexible in your schedule across weekdays and weekends.
In order to be successful in this role, we expect that you would possess the following attributes:
- A comprehensive knowledge of and passion for craft beer
- Ability to multi task and work in a fast paced production environment whilst maintaining safety, accuracy, attention to detail and best practice at all times
- Understand the importance and application of sanitation practices in the brewing and manufacturing process
- Demonstrated mechanical aptitude & problem solving skills
- Strong focus on safety and safe work practices
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work both independently and within a team
Most importantly, we are looking for a highly motivated and enthusiastic individual, who is interested in working collaboratively with us, not just for us.
Skills & Experience
- Minimum one year of commercial brewing experience working independently in brewing, cleaning, packaging and maintenance roles.
- Hold a current drivers and forklift licence.
- Whilst formal qualifications are not a strict requirement, a degree in Brewing, Brewing Science, Chemistry, Micro Biology or Engineering would be a distinct advantage.
What we offer:
- the opportunity to be a part of an exciting new business
- a fun loving, down to earth and supportive management team
- the opportunity to progress your own skills and acumen, working directly with the Head Brewer to grow and innovate our portfolio
Don’t miss this opportunity to become a part of our team and help to develop and grow this exciting new business.
Please send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org. To be considered you must have the right to live and work in Australia.
Applications close June 15, 2018.