Catchment Brewing was born in Brisbane's West End in 2015 out of a desire to provide local beer to those who walk through its doors.
Right now, the Catchment crew is looking to add a new brewer to their team. If that sounds like the sort of thing you'd quite fancy, read on.
Job Description: Brewer
Catchment Brewing Company has been making great beer for our home in Brisbane’s West End for two and a half years now. Our story is steeped in the historic old West End Brewery which was well known for its quality beers, boasting freshness and flavour equal to no other. We have continued in that tradition, producing award-winning beers that take pride of place in our venue’s bar.
With freshness and quality guaranteed, we are now ready to expand and take on the world!
About the Role:
Catchment has commenced the next exciting phase of its growth through sales of our beer to thirsty beer drinkers who can’t make it to the brewery in person. We’re looking for a full-time brewer to take ownership of the production of our beers for our venue and wholesale customers alike.
If you are an experienced and passionate brewer and are looking for an opportunity to take the lead of a hands on, growing brewing operation, then we have the opportunity of a lifetime. You will have the chance to utilise all your skills and experience to expand Catchment’s footprint on the craft beer map. Reporting to the Production and Marketing Manager, the Brewer is responsible for:
- The day to day efficient operations and cost management of all aspects of brewery operations;
- The production of Catchment’s core range beers to meet wholesale and Venue demand;
- The development of our special release beers to further promote and enhance the Catchment brand;
- The oversight of contract brewing to ensure it meets our high standards of quality and freshness;
- All WH&S related to the brewery; and
- All aspects of excise management.
The right person will be able to significantly grow the business as we grow our wholesale customer base and move into packaged product. You will be able to demonstrate a previous track record in the following key areas:
- At least two years brewing experience in a hands-on, small to medium size brewery;
- Uncompromised commitment to quality control and continuous improvement;
- Sound understanding of brewing equipment, maintenance and processes;
- Ability to plan and manage;
- Team focussed with excellent interpersonal and leadership skills; and
- Formal training or a brewing qualification is required.
What We Offer:
Working for us at The Catchment Brewing Co. gives you the opportunity to become further involved in the wider craft beer community. Whether this be working with and training our staff to improve their passion and beer knowledge or helping out at a festival, you’ll have the chance to live and breath your passion for good beer and the local community.
We also offer the opportunity be part of a rapidly expanding local craft brewery known for its freshness and quality, and a competitive salary package to go with it.
If you are interested in this fantastic opportunity email your Resume and a short cover note to email@example.com. You must be eligible to work in Australia to apply.
Applications for this role will close on June 1, 2018.