Located in Melbourne's inner west, Hop Nation is the work of Sam and Duncan, two winemakers who decided to turn to professional brewing after homebrewing together for years.
If you're a brewer with experience and want to join them, then they might have the perfect role for you.
Job Description: Experienced Brewer
Hop Nation is a Footscray (Melbourne) based craft brewery independently owned and operated by good friends – and former winemakers – Sam and Duncan.
After jumping the fence from winemaking into brewing back in 2014 the pair opened up their brewery and tap room in July of 2016 to join the burgeoning Westside beer and culinary landscape. Since then the guys have been living up to their brewery’s namesake releasing several hop-driven beers showcasing high-quality ingredients with distinct origins.
With a name like Hop Nation, hops are a natural focus but a nod to their winemaking roots was always inevitable, and Sam and Dunc have no shortage of barrel-aged brews in the works. Our small batch beers are made using quality, natural ingredients with no fining or pasteurization and minimal filtration.
- Is a position which encompasses many facets of a small business, primarily brewing and quality maintenance
- Includes responsibility for all aspects of the brewery operations and production process, including brewing, bottling, canning, quality control, lab, and reporting
- Continued development of recipes, brew production, including packaging and the continued development of brewery related policies including Health and Safety
- Includes aspects of sales and marketing including events and developing/maintaining customer relations
- Incentives and opportunities will be given on measured performance achievements and quality production
As brewer you will need to be:
- practically minded and self-motivated with a ‘can do’ attitude
- experienced in commercial brewing, including lab, minimum of 3 years experience and/or relevant brewing qualification with demonstrated experience brewing quality beer
- mechanically proficient with ability to trouble shoot issues that might arise within the brewery
- creative with flavour development, with good knowledge and understanding of AUS craft beer market
- a team player with effective communication skills and a willingness to work with the larger brew team and other onsite businesses
- for operational requirements, a valid manual driver’s licence, forklift licence and been physically fit is an advantage.
For more information about the position, please contact us.
To apply for the role, please email: email@example.com