Having won a bronze medal at the prestigious World Beer Cup in America last month, things are running smoothly for Canberra's BentSpoke as the brewing company looks to build a national footprint and expand overseas. If you think you've got what it takes to play a leadership role there, the brewery is hiring a general manager.
Job Description: General Manager
BentSpoke Brewing Co is Canberra born and brewed starting operations in 2014.
BentSpoke Brewing Co is committed to a national footprint and developing opportunities overseas. Through its focus on quality and its committed and dynamic team, the company is growing rapidly.
This is a pure leadership role where no two days will be the same. The nature of the business means you will be dealing with a variety of different responsibilities, so the ability to wear many hats is essential. The ability to lead by example and build trust and relationships with many stakeholders will determine your success.
This is a critical role that will ensure consistent and high quality product being supplied through the diligent efforts of a safe and well supported team. You will be reporting directly to the board / co-owner.
Given the importance of the role the timeframe on commencement is open until the right candidate is found and remuneration is dependent on experience.
The following attributes are expected:
- Mature attitude, honesty, loyalty and exceptional work ethic
- Exceptional employee focus and proven team building skills
- Proven organizational, time management and multi tasking skills
- Tertiary qualifications in sales, marketing or general business
- Minimum five years experience in management roles
- Excellent written and verbal skills
The following personal qualities exemplify BentSpoke’s values and displaying these values represents an important part of the role:
- Honesty and integrity in all dealings with customers, suppliers and colleagues
- Leadership and initiative
- Professionalism and respect in the discharge or duties and in all dealings with customers, suppliers and colleagues
Duties and responsibilities:
- Provide leadership to all department heads (four to five direct reports and 40+ FTE's)
- Ensure the smooth day-to-day running of the overall operation
- Promote and build on an exceptional team culture
- Review and amend policies and procedures where required
- Ensure BentSpoke values are upheld and evident
- Provide the Board with accurate and timely reports
- Regular budget monitoring and profit and loss responsibility
- Build strong relationships with key external stakeholders including customers and suppliers
Skills & Experience:
- Ideally you would have worked in a General Management position however you may be taking a step up from a role such as National Sales Manager
- You possess strong leadership skills combined with a proven background in developing individuals and teams of 30+ employees.
- You have a passion for sustainability and the environment
- Ideally you will have exposure to food and beverage production and sales or a similar environment with a quality, craft emphasis
If you think you're the perfect fit for the role, send you application to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications close on June 30, 2018.