It's only been operating for 18 months but Ballistic Beer already runs a brewery in Salisbury and the newly opened West End Alehouse & Kitchen.
If you've got experience as a commercial accountant and are passionate about craft beer, this fast-growing brewery might have the dream job for you.
Job Description: Group Accountant
Ballistic Beer Co. is a rapidly expanding brewery based in Salisbury, Brisbane. Due to our growth, we are now looking for a Group Accountant to manage the financial operations of our brewery and bars. The successful candidate will be responsible for the preparation of financial and management cost reports, budgets and staff KPIs. You will collaborate with the executive team to determine more effective ways to handle corporate funding, tax issues and growth financing. If you have a strong background in corporate financial and cost management and a strong desire to become a part of a dynamic team, you may be the perfect person to fill this position.
- Manage the accounting function for all Ballistic Group entities;
- Work with our third-party accounting support to ensure timely and appropriate processing of invoices, and supplier payments, tax returns, grants etc;
- Manage staffing contracts and bonuses and ensure accurate payment of payroll in cooperation with our third-party accounting support;
- Produce accurate financial reporting on a weekly, monthly and yearly basis for reporting to shareholders;
- Manage the production of the annual budget and forecasts and monitor performance against budget;
- Provide for a system of management cost reports
- Calculate and issue financial and operating metrics
- Prepare KPIs for individual staff, monitor and report on performance;
- Provide financial analyses as needed, in particular for capital investments, pricing decisions, and contract negotiations
- Manage inventory and invoice systems across various States, Distributors and wholesale customers;
- Manage all activities related to state and federal tax compliance and company reporting requirements;
- Establish and maintain all Accounting policies and procedures;
- Setup dashboards and workflows to optimise efficiencies across the business; and
- Contribute to business planning initiatives.
- An experienced commercial accountant (seven plus years) with a rounded knowledge of both financial systems and manufacturing operations;
- Tertiary qualification(s) in Accounting or Commerce (CPA desirable but not essential);
- Demonstrated ongoing professional development;
- An experienced accountant with a rounded knowledge of both financial systems and manufacturing operations;
- A track record in budget preparation and reporting;
- Experience in producing benchmark metrics for manufacturing and staff performance;
- An individual who is prepared to take responsibility for the financial performance of a new and rapidly growing business;
- A person who can roll their sleaves up to get any job done (nothing is below them);
- A willingness to learn about the beer industry;
- A person who is prepared to voice their opinionsa good communicator; and
- A team player.
Please send applications to David at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications close on July 31, 2018.