Brick Lane is one of the largest breweries to launch in recent years. If you want to join the new brewery, currently they're looking to hire a warehouse operator and packaging operators.
You can see what they're looking for in new packaging team members here or, if you want to become the new Brick Lane warehouse operator, read on.
Job Description: Warehouse Operator
Brick Lane Brewing Co is an exciting new independent brewery, with global leading technology, located in the south eastern suburbs of Melbourne. Brick Lane Brewing is recruiting a warehouse operator to tackle warehousing operations and logistics and fork operations in a fast-paced production environment.
You will be joining a group with deep experience in the brewing industry and backed by an eclectic group of supporters across beer, wine, hospitality, sports and media.
You’ll maintain a safe, efficient and ordered warehouse and docks, stage goods for dispatch, load and unload trucks, and maintain accurate warehousing records. You will also be involved in fork operations alongside the packaging department.
Working in our fast-paced environment requires teamwork and collaboration skills, excellent communication, the ability to multi-task while maintaining an absolute focus on safety, quality and accuracy in process and record keeping. Working in a brewery start-up environment takes pragmatism, resilience, and the initiative to build systems from the ground up – it is going to be a fun journey. You’ll form a core part of the BLBC community, and be a champion of dependable logistics beer quality, sustainability and continual improvement.
Along the way we’ll support your continuing professional development through training opportunities, employee experience programs, and a strong community-focussed culture.
The position involves:
- Championing the ‘Safety, Always’ culture of BLBC, and holding accountability for maintaining a safe brewing community
- Rotating shift work, initially two-shifts with some weekend and public holiday work.
- Maintaining an efficient, ordered warehouse
- Control stock, maintain accurate records and coordinate stocktakes
- Coordinate inbound and outbound logistics movements
- Maintain our warehouse management system, process good receipts, dispatches and warehouse transfer paperwork
- Manage pallet and keg fleets
- Coordinate recycling segregation and disposal
- Perform quality checks on incoming and outgoing goods
- Good verbal and written communication skills, and accurate numerical skills.
- Be able to handle changing priorities and tight deadlines.
- Beer, beverage or FMCG experience a big plus.
- Knowledge of GMP, food safety and quality management systems a plus
- Ensuring a clean and sanitary ‘showcase brewery’
- Maintain accurate documentation across several systems (on and offline)
Your qualifications and experience will include:
- More than one year's experience in fast paced warehouse environments, including accurate and safe forklift operations
- Experience in beer, beverage or other FMCG warehousing a plus
- A current forklift licence
Applications to firstname.lastname@example.org.