Brew University teaches beer fans more about the drink they love by letting them brew their own. The Canning Vale operation also has a bar on site with 15 taps and plans to launch its own beer brand.
If you want to enrol to brew beer with them, the Brew University team is looking to hire an assistant brewer.
Job Description: Assistant Brewer
Brew University is an up-and-coming Perth brewing company that started in February of this year with a modern re-imagining of the Brew on Premises small batch concept. With a full scale brewhouse, 15 -tap beer bar and commercial brand launch just around the corner, the Brew University team is looking to add a brewer to their growing operation.
It is intended that for the successful applicant the level of responsibility, remuneration and creative input shall grow along with our brewery and brand.
The successful applicant for this position will possess a passion for and demonstrated knowledge of beer and brewing and be highly motivated to develop their skills and knowledge within a growing, quality-driven brewing team. The applicant must be well-rounded and prepared for a variety of duties whilst taking pride in providing an excellent level of customer service.
Responsibilities will include assisting the brew team with production, cellaring, packaging, coordinating stock/orders/deliveries, general maintenance and hygiene/cleaning as well as direct interaction with customers to provide beer/brewing information and demonstration of the brewing process.
- Passion for beer
- Strong desire to develop skills and knowledge toward a career in the brewing industry
- Ability to work within a highly autonomous “no downtime” role
- High level organisational skills and forward-planning ability to ensure efficiency
- High standard of customer service and an authentic passion for making a good impression
- Adherence to formal standard operating procedures and safety guidelines
- Good literacy, tech-savvy, attention to detail and communication skills
- Fundamental knowledge of beer, including styles, ingredients and brewing process
- Responsible attitude toward alcohol and it’s promotion, consumption and commerce
- Good taste in music for the brewhouse
- Excellent human being who values diversity in the brewing industry
This is a part-time role with immediate scope for growth with a view to full-time basis. You'll need to have an RSA and forklift tickets all preferred but not mandatory.
Please send all applications to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications close on November 30, 2018.