The Yarra Valley may be one of Australia's top wine regions but it's also home to some fine breweries.
In 2019, a new operator is set to to join them and, before it launches, they're looking to take on a head brewer to run all things beer.
Job Description: Head Brewer
New brewery looking to open in the heart of the Yarra Valley in early 2019 requires a Head Brewer to lead all aspects of the brewery’s operations and bring with them a passion and excitement to create new and inspiring beers, and develop the industry in this region.
This role offers the ability for the successful applicant to actively contribute to the vision, strategy and direction of the Brewery, working in partnership with the owners to create a new success story in Victorian brewing. The owners are looking for a brewer who wants to build a new brand and business from the ground up. Equity participation is encouraged.
Requirements of the role:
- Work together with the owners to create and implement a vision, strategy and business plan for the Brewery.
- Developing new and inspiring beers to meet public demand and the vision of the Brewery.
- Hands on in all elements of the brewing process from initial recipe development and liaising directly with suppliers to cleaning and sanitising of all equipment.
- Holds a strong importance in quality control in all aspects of the brewing process.
- Has a strong understanding of how to use and maintain brewery equipment.
- Passionately represent the brewery at the cellar door, at festivals and with the wider brewing community.
The brewer should have:
- Experience working in a brewery as an assistant or head brewer, or a relevant degree in brewing.
- Ability to work flexible hours that will include some weekends.
- Willingness to manage all day to day operations of running a brewery.
- Able to work autonomously during the week and make commercial decisions where required
- Passion to create consistently high quality beer.
On offer is a competitive salary, the option to take equity in the business and a real opportunity to use your passion and knowledge to influence the direction of the Brewery.
If you think you’re the right fit for the role please send through a resume and cover email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Close of application date is December 31, 2018. Early applications will be considered favourably.