Red Duck has called Ballarat home for some years and these days shares its cellar door with Kilderkin Distillery.
If you've got a passion for craft beer and spirits, the two operations are looking for someone to run their cellar door.
Job Description: Cellar Door Team Member
Red Duck Brewery is a successful independent microbrewery established in 2005 and based in Ballarat since 2011. The brewery shares its cellar door with Kilderkin Distillery which released its first gins in 2017 and continues to see excellent growth.
You will be running the combined Red Duck Brewery and Kilderkin Distillery Cellar Door initially on Saturdays but with the opportunity to increase days as trade increases and the businesses continue to expand. A background in hospitality working front of house will be regarded as an asset as well as a knowledge of the craft beers and/or craft spirits. You will be responsible for bar service including serving paddles of beers or gins, bottled beers and mixed spirit drinks. You will also be responsible for all tasks associated with opening and closing the Cellar Door including end-of-day reconciliations. Other duties may include assisting with tasks around the brewery and distillery during quieter periods, for example bottle labelling and packing, as well as general cleaning and maintenance. Pay is at award rates or higher.
- High level interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated ability to manage own time and prioritise tasks
- Experience working front of house serving alcohol
- Willingness to take on other tasks in brewery and distillery as directed
- Responsible Service of Alcohol certificate for Victoria (required prior to appointment).
- Knowledge of the processes involved in brewing or distilling or both.
- Willingness to contribute ideas and make use of social media to increase customer trade
- Preparedness to work additional shifts on other days during busy periods with the potential to increase days as the business develops.
Applicants should submit their resumé along with a covering letter addressing the selection criteria to firstname.lastname@example.org. Further information can also be obtained from Chris by email or on the mobile 0424 791 790.
Close of application date is January 31, 2019.