Modus Operandi have been impressing both drinkers and judges since the brewery launched in Mona Vale back in 2014.
If you want to help the team there make more award-winning beer, they're hiring a new brewer.
Job Description: Brewer
Modus Operandi is an independent family owned brewery and hospitality operation located on Sydney’s Northern Beaches. We’re a work hard, play hard community of people who have a passion border lining on obsession for brewing and drinking great beer! We pride ourselves on our handcrafted, award-winning beer and brew a plethora of styles to accommodate our ever expanding thirst for things innovate, unique and interesting.
We are looking for a top individual to join our close-knit team as a Brewer. The role requires a hard working, highly motivated, energetic and creative individual who is ready to take on some key roles in Mona Vale, NSW.
Being a small and rapidly growing business, we want somebody who demonstrates a passion for brewing great craft beers, someone who shares our “beer first no shortcuts” mentality. On top of passion for brewing topnotch beers consistently, the successful candidate will have the experience and ability to work both in brew house, cellar and packaging.
Your demonstrated ability and experience will include
DAILY BREWING, CELLAR & PACKAGING OPERATIONS
- Brewing, cellaring and packaging operations
- Quality control, maintenance, inventory and shipping and receiving tasks
- Creative problem solving skills
- Flexibility in working schedule to help meet our ever changing demand and expanding facility
- Training and development of new guys and gals
- Cleaning: An unhealthy addiction to cleanliness
- Did we mention cleaning?
- Supporting Modus Operandi at public events
- Open mindedness and active contribution in all facets/departments of Modus Operandi. We are stoked about beer and sharing it with the world, you should be too!
- Formal brewing qualification will probably give you a leg up
- Previous work experience in a brewery and/or winery is helpful
- Forklift certification wouldn’t hurt
- Competitive salary based on experience
- Opportunity to learn further from leading brewers joining a passionate & industry leading team.
- Work for Australia’s Champion Indy Brewery
Our M.O. here is “Beer First, No Shortcuts” and we are only seeking an individual who can work by that same motto. We are addicted to progression and are hell bent on making the best beer in the world!
The Northern Beaches offers a unique coastal lifestyle. Pair that with working in Modus Operandi’s brewery and being a productive contributor to the local community, it’s a great opportunity in a great industry.
A salary based on qualifications and experienced will be negotiated with the right candidate.
If you are interested in being part of the Modus Operandi legacy we look forward to speaking with you. Please include a CV and letter(s) of recommendation, and send to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Close of application date is April 5, 2019.