Holgate Brewhouse recently installed a state-of-the-art German brewery at their home in Woodend, ready to embark on the next stage of their 20-year adventure.
And there's an opening to join the team in the brewery as a packaging brewer.
JOB DESCRIPTION: PACKAGING BREWER – VICTORIA
A pioneer of the Australian craft beer industry, Holgate Brewhouse has been brewing innovative, award-winning beers since 1999 in the village of Woodend, Victoria. We are now looking to add a Brewer with packaging focus to our team. This is a great opportunity to work within a successful business in a beautiful, country location with a brand-new state-of-the-art production facility.
Our new equipment includes:
- Fully automated 50hL Braukon brewhouse incl. malt handling
- Leibinger 24-head rotary bottle filler
- Keg Technik keg cleaner/filler
- Expanded cellar and yeast propagation
As an experienced brewer you will be able to hit the ground running in our busy facility, and take the lead-role in operating our packaging line. Ideally you will have a trade background, in electrical automation and/or mechanical, or experience in running high speed automated packaging lines.
We are a small, tightly-knit team and the successful candidate will join us in covering a variety of tasks, including but not limited to:
- Wort production on new 50hL brewhouse as well as original 15hL manual brewhouse
- Cellaring, incl. fermentation & yeast management, dry hopping & centrifugation.
- Lab work
- CIP/SIP of plant, tanks etc.
- Packaging: bottle & keg
- Warehousing incl. safe use of forklift
- Occasional representation of the brewery at events & festivals etc.
- Minimum 2 years professional brewing experience or in a suitable trade
- Flexibility regarding shift work (mornings/afternoons Mon – Fri)
- Physically fit: able to work safely and professionally in a manual environment
- Valid Australian Forklift Licence
- Accurate & diligent record keeping
- A working knowledge of Microsoft office
- The right to work permanently in Australia
Looked upon very favourably:
- Science background and/or brewing qualification
- Skills in electrical automation, machinery maintenance and troubleshooting
Remuneration commensurate with experience. Please send applications to: email@example.com
Closing date: April 5, 2019