Deeds Brewing recently fired up their Glen Iris brewery and have since sent a steady stream of beer out into the world.
If you want to help make that beer, currently the brew team is looking to grow.
JOB DESCRIPTION: BREWER
Deeds Brewing Co. has recently completed its brewery build and production is underway. Located in Glen Iris, Deeds Brewing is now producing a wide range of beers from the hazy side of things to the 12%+ dark beer side of things, including a barrel program and with plenty of great new beers to come. It’s an exciting time and we are looking for an experienced full time brewer to join our team at our Glen Iris brewery.
- General maintenance and cleaning of the brewery area and brewery equipment
- Preventative maintenance of all brewery equipment including the changing of pipe, valve and pump seals, heat exchanger maintenance.
- The understanding of aseptic sample collection techniques and the preparation of samples for microbiological analyses.
- The ability to understand and ensure that recipe specifications are up to date and within the parameters outlined by brewery management.
- Excellence in the ability to brew, process, and package to recipe specifications for both beer and cider.
- Loading and unloading of vehicles for dispatch of outwards going product and incoming goods.
- Excellent cleaning practice and full understanding of CIP (Clean in Place) principles. Full understanding of chemical usage, concentrations needed for accurate cleaning, sanitation and any safety measures associated with the chemicals.
- Familiarity and the ability to be a quick study in the operating equipment related to the bottling line, canning line, and kegging line
- Excellent management of all cellar activities including sampling, jacket management, dry-hopping, centrifuge, filtering, and finals testing.
- Daily testing of all fermentations and recording of these.
- Accurate record keeping of any cleaning places in the appropriate record sheets. Cleaning practices encompass all brewing vessels, hoses, filters, kegs, fermenters, conditioning tanks, bottling equipment, pumps and any other equipment associated with production.
- Any associated laboratory analysis needed for production. This may include pH readings and pH meter calibration, density reading and density meter calibration, laboratory scale calibration, microscopy and yeast counting and viability checks, ATP bioluminescence detection and analysis, acid titrations, indicator tests, temperature probe calibration and any other laboratory practice.
- Liaison with both internal and external brewery customers. This includes brewery and eventual dining hall staff and any interested customers.
- Assistance of brewery and eventual dining hall management staff in the Beer School programme to be put in place for internal and external customer training.
- Assistance with brewery tours where necessary.
What we want from you:
- Minimum 12 months experience in a similar role.
- Great work ethic.
- Positive attitude.
- Working Monday thru to Friday with some possible weekend Shifts. Flexibility is a big plus..
- Excellence in the brewing process.
- Previous experience in production.
- Excellence in fork-lift driving including an up-to-date forklift license.
- Current RSA for Victoria
What you get from us:
- Competitive salary based on skill and experience.
- Career progression with a growing business.
- Excellent working conditions in a growing brewing facility.
Please send resumes to Justin on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Applications close on July 7, 2019.