Stone & Wood's Fortitude Valley taproom is set to open in spring, bringing a slice of the Northern Rivers to Brisbane.
If you're a beer lover with a background in hospitality the brewery might want you as its new venue manager too.
Job Description: Brisbane Venue Manager
At Stone & Wood we pride ourselves on brewing beer that’s simply good to drink. Born and raised in Byron Bay and brewed in the Northern Rivers, we believe in being ingrained in our local communities, and that a good beer is best enjoyed in good company.
A big part of what we do in our existing Byron Bay tasting room is centred around education and developing people’s appreciation for good beer. We believe we can add value to the emerging good beer scene in Brisbane and continue to grow the market by adding our beer experience into the mix.
Besides wanting to replicate the soul of our spiritual home in Byron, we’re also excited to contribute to the Fortitude Valley community with a venue that caters to the Brisbane beer-lover in an authentically Stone & Wood way.
This is a special role for someone who shares our values, loves our beer, understands what makes us tick and wants to be part of a growing team that prides itself on taking it slow and keeping it simple.
Key responsibilities include:
- P&L accountability and budgeting
- Responsible service of alcohol
- Staffing levels and shift patterns
- Stock levels and ordering
- Operation of brewery tours
- Ensuring the bar is run to quality standards
- Building relationships with our catering partners
The right person will have:
- Experience in providing an engaging beer focused experience
- Previous hospitality management experience
- Have exceptional people and customer service skills
- A thorough understanding of the beer industry
- An understanding of the Stone & Wood culture
- A current QLD RSA
What to do?
Jump on our website and get some insights into what makes us tick.
Write a personalised one page cover letter that includes:
- An example or two of how you would bring the Stone & Wood way of life to The Valley
- Tell us about an amazing beer experience you’ve had and how it impacted you
- What role do you think this venue will play in the Brissy community
Apply through the Work With Us section of our website and stay tuned for updates.
Applications close July 11, 2019.