Since launching as a brewpub in Manly, 4 Pines have grown to become one of the largest breweries in Australia, growth that has taken their beers into more places since becoming part of CUB.
Right now, there's a juicy role up for grabs at their Brookvale HQ as they look to take on a new brewery general manager.
JOB DESCRIPTION: BREWERY GENERAL MANAGER
WE LOVE BEER! Do you?!
4 Pines was born over a decade ago after a casual conversation between a father and a son, post surf, who simply wanted an exceptional beer when options were limited. Their dream of a little brew pub in Manly has grown into a well-recognised Brewing Company making high-quality beers available right across Australia (and increasingly beyond!).
At 4 Pines we value craftsmanship, community, integrity and authenticity in everything we do. As a B-Corp, we have also have a mandate to do it in a sustainable way that benefits our people, our local region and the environment.
To keep us elevating our game we’re on the look-out for a like-minded Brewery General Manager to fill some pretty big steel-capped boots. If this is you, get in touch! We’d love to talk about how you can help to continue building our Brookvale Brewing HQ into a centre of excellence - for culture, for learning, for Continuous Improvement and for innovation.
What skills will you likely need?
- 10yrs + of brewery and/or beverage manufacturing experience
- Demonstrated aptitude for Leadership and General Management
- Recognised technical brewing qualifications will be highly valued
- Experience in managing external stakeholders (suppliers) and negotiating to achieve optimal outcomes
- A solid knowledge of manufacturing systems
- Understanding of environmentally sustainable practices
- And most importantly, you can project 4 Pines core values of craftsmanship, community, integrity and authenticity
- Ability to have over sight for ensuring quality and consistency over our other brewing operations (Brewpub, Barrel program, partner breweries)
What will you be doing?
- Operational control of our flexible and innovative 8mil L/year Brewery supported by the Chief Brewer
- Leading and developing the Brew Team
- Championing Continuous Improvement across safety, quality, efficiency and sustainability
- Execution of brewing, innovation and engineering strategies
- Reporting of key Brewery Metrics
What about the perks?
- BEER! (of course)
- On-going training and development with support for external courses/qualifications
- Discounts on food & beverage at all 4 Pines venues
- Environmentally and socially conscious organisation
- A tight-knit company culture with an eager and talented Brew Team
If you think you have what it takes, we'd love to hear from you!
The application form will include these questions:
- How many years' experience do you have as a general manager?
- What's your expected annual base salary?