Akasha make some of the finest hop forward beers in Australia and are one of the best-loved breweries in Sydney.
If you're a junior brewer wanting to advance in the world of brewing, they've got an opening for an assistant brewer.
JOB DESCRIPTION: ASSISTANT BREWER
Akasha Brewing Company, based in Five Dock NSW, was founded in 2015 and has quickly developed a reputation for producing some of the country’s favourite hop forward beers such as Hopsmith IPA, Freshwater Pale Ale and Korben D Double IPA.
Having experienced significant growth over the last year, we are looking to appoint an assistant brewer in our Sydney brewery. This rare opportunity to join the Akasha brew team will suit a brewer early in their career with a hardcore passion for hand crafted, hop forward beer and a desire to learn from some of the best in their field.
Reporting to the Head Brewer, the key functions of this role include:
- Daily brewing, cellaring, canning and kegging operations with an exceptional level of attention to detail
- Performing quality control, lab, cleaning and warehousing tasks
- Regular maintenance of the brew house and other equipment in the brewery
- Daily input of information into the brewery management system
- Assist with marketing activities as appropriate, including events and trade shows/festivals, etc.
To be considered for the role, you’ll need the following qualifications and experience:
- A love of quality, independent Australian beer
- Experience in a similar role for at least 12 months
- Well developed communication skills
- Current Australian drivers licence
- NSW RSA
- Forklift licence preferred
If you think you tick all the boxes and would be a good fit for the Akasha team, we’re offering a competitive salary and the chance to work with some great people in a rewarding environment.
Please send your resume and a cover letter to email@example.com.
Closing date for applications is Friday 16th August 2019.