If you want to join the Colonial brew crew, the team is hiring for both Margaret River and Melbourne.
Job Description: Brewer (Margaret River & Melbourne)
We are currently seeking applicants for an additional brewer at both our Port Melbourne and Margaret River operations. They are 40 hour per week, full time shift roles. Occasional overnight shift work will be necessary in the Melbourne brewery. These roles will report into each breweries Lead Brewers, and Colonial’s Head of Brewing.
The roles will entail:
- Operating our 4 vessel automated 50hL Braukon brew house (Melbourne) or 3 vessel 25hL DME system (Margaret River)
- Fermentation management & dry-hopping
- Centrifuge/filter operation and bright beer preparation
- Tank & equipment CIP
- Keg machine operation
- Operating our Krones Craftmate (Melbourne) or Cask ACS (Margaret River) canning line.
- Looking after the brewery & utilities, to ensure fault-free operation
- General housekeeping
- Enjoying a beer with the team after a day of brewing
- Getting involved with beer festivals and other events from time to time
To fill the role, we’re looking for brewers with at least 2 years commercial brewing experience and an appropriate tertiary education would be a significant advantage.
The ideal candidate will also have:
- Reasonable IT literacy
- A safety-first attitude
- Strong attention & commitment to the finer details
- A desire to learn, and work on improvement ideas with the team
- Machinery troubleshooting experience
- A reasonable level of physical fitness
Remuneration will be based on experience & skills. If this role interests you and you have the skills required, please apply to Ashley.Hazell@colonialbrewingco.com.au.
Close of application date is November 30, 2019.