The team at The Public Brewery is preparing to launch a new range of beers nationally and is looking to take on a new head brewer to supplement the existing brewery crew.
Here's what you need to know about the role.
Job Description: Head Brewer
The Public Brewery Group was established in 2013 with the aim to create community experiences in creative environments. Over the years we have grown to have our own commercial brewing facilities, microbreweries, wedding venues and spectacular dining experiences across the eastern suburbs of Victoria and The Yarra Valley.
We are constantly aiming to be market leaders in hand crafted beers, local produce and landmark venues. We are continuously growing, ever trying to continue to create more beautiful spaces for people to eat, drink and be social in. We want to create a positive and inspiring workplace for all staff with vast opportunities for growth and self-improvement.
Now throwing our focus towards our commercial brewing arm – we will soon be releasing nationally our new range of beers with Sunday Brewing Co – reigniting everyone’s nostalgia of Sunday Sippers, Beach vibes and cool cars.
We are looking for a trusty, well-presented Head Brewer to supplement our existing team. The Head Brewer will be responsible for the complete running and management of our commercial brew house and brewery. You will also be responsible for managing timelines and expected project completions and working with management on new developments.
To be successful as Head Brewer, you should be an outgoing, creative, personable, able to manage a team and adept at stress management.
Head Brewer Responsibilities
- Complete running production and management of a commercial brewery
- Recipe Development and testing
- Quality control
- Ingredients management
- Purchasing and stock control
- Working closely with the owners and all staff in the business
- Representing the business in the venue and at local events as required
- General site cleaning, opening and closing
Head Brewer Requirements
- A serious passion for beer and understanding of brewing and packaging processes
- Minimum 5+ years’ experience in a technical brewing position
- Hands-on and positive attitude
- Experience with production planning, monitoring and forecasting inventory levels
- High level of cleaning, sanitation and quality control expectations and deliverables
- Able to perform basic maintenance on equipment
- Creative and able to develop new and innovative recipes.
- Highly organised, diligent and responsible, able to multitask, prioritise and self-manage
- The ability to talk about beer and be knowledgeable when training staff and customers
- Good customer service & communication skills
- Align with our company mission statement
- Strong understanding of OH&S
- Driver’s license, RSA & possible forklift license
- A positive attitude and strong work ethic
- Professional Appearance
- Excellent verbal communication and memorization skills.
- Great interpersonal and teamwork skills.
- Availability to work flexible hours when needed.
- Willingness to perform additional duties to facilitate the brewing operations, as needed
Please send all applications to firstname.lastname@example.org.