Thunder Road are based behind an historic bluestone cottage in Brunswick and maintain a strong focus on the laboratory and quality side of brewing.
If you want to brew for them and be involved in the lab, they're hiring.
Job Description: Assistant Brewer/Lab Assistant
Thunder Road Brewing Co is located in Brunswick, Melbourne, Australia.
We operate a quality focused, award winning medium sized brewery. We produce a range of core beers as well creating innovative seasonal releases on our pilot brewing system.
We are currently looking for an Assistant Brewer/Lab Assistant to join our small brewing team.
This role would report to the Head Brewer and Quality Manager.
- Brewing, Plant CIP, Yeast Handling, Centrifuge/filtration, raw material and chemical handling
- Performing secondary brewing tasks, including milling and grain out;
- Keg filling and cleaning operation on semi-automatic keg filler;
- Cellar and fermentation management; including tank sampling and analysis
- Rotating shift work. We operate 5 days a week but rostered weekend work is required (Fermentation Checks)
- Record keeping
- Manage projects as delivered by Quality manager, relating to HACCP , product quality control and site safety.
- Forklift operation
- General plant cleaning, lots of cleaning.
- Min 12 months’ work experience working in quality, preferably in food/beverage manufacturing.
- Tertiary qualification in Science, Food Technology or similar.
- Pluses would be External training in Internal Auditing and HACCP.
- Follow safe working practices
- Strong problem solving skills
- Hard working with a good attitude
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work as part of a team and independently with minimal supervision
- Able to write and follow SOP’s
- Computer literate
- Good communicator
- Minimum 12 months experience in a commercial brewing environment; 6 months minimum brewing
- Brewing or related science qualifications
- Recipe development skills
Please send covering letter and resume to: email@example.com.