Matilda Bay helped kickstart craft beer in Australia and the CUB-owned operation recently opened a brewpub in Healesville brewpub under co-founder Phil Sexton – read our interview about his return to the business he launched here.
If you want to help sell Matilda Bay beers, they're hiring a sales representative.
Job Description: Beer Ambassador (Sales Representative)
Matilda Bay is Australia’s original craft brewery, founded in Fremantle in 1983 by a group of friends who were inspired by true craftmanship from the UK and Europe’s finest beers.
First brewed in a small microbrewery at the Sail & Anchor Hotel in Fremantle, locals were introduced to a variety of small batch, hand crafted beers from Anchor Ale, "a dark, copper-coloured, traditional ale”, to Redback Original Wheat, Dogbolter Dark Ale and later the award winning Alpha Pale Ale.
The brewery since has moved across Australia but has now found a new home in the pristine hills of the Yarra Valley based in Healesville which will fast become the brands new spiritual home.
We are a company that prides ourselves on acting with honesty and integrity with a relentless focus on producing high quality, balanced, beautiful beer. We are looking for a passionate, vibrant Beer Ambassador (sales rep) to bring the new wave of Matilda Bay brews back to Australian beer industry.
The role requires a highly motivated, results orientated individual with a passion for beer and at least 2 years of relevant industry sales experience to represent the Matilda Bay business in the Yarra Valley & Greater Metropolitan area. The role reports to the COO and will be integral to the resurgence of Matilda Bay in the industry.
As an ideal candidate, you'll live and breathe the Matilda Bay company values, have an unparalleled passion for everything beer, with a strong network and relationships in the industry. You will embrace a fast-paced environment while adopting a start-up company mindset, taking ownership in your actions and decisions to achieve a positive result for the business and brand.
Relevant Experience & Attributes:
- An intimate understanding and passion for beer and the industry.
- Commercial Sales experience in Liquor or FMCG.
- Proven track record of achievement in sales.
- Ability to network and build relationships.
- Self-motivated with the ability to structure and organise own work outcomes.
- A resilient, tenacious, team player
Key role tasks:
- Be a true ambassador for Matilda Bay and beer.
- Achieve new sales distribution and deliver to aggressive sales targets.
- Maintain, drive and expand territory & customer base.
- Implement in outlet staff training in all Matilda Bay outlets.
- Conduct weekly in outlet tastings during peak trading days & periods
- Set up and attend Beer Festivals & Events as and when required
Why Matilda Bay?
- Australia’s Original Craft Brewery that is ready to take craft beer back to its roots.
- Environmentally and socially conscious.
- A Passionate, honest, unpretentious and fun team.
- Competitive remuneration package (base salary, super, incentive scheme, fully expensed company car + phone + laptop)
Please direct all applications to firstname.lastname@example.org.