Alchemy Brewing opened their Lygon Street taproom at the end of 2019 but the COVID-19 closures meant they were only open for three months.
The venue is reopening on June 3 and, as a result, they're looking to take on new bar staff.
JOB DESCRIPTION: BAR STAFF
Alchemy Brewing Co are looking for Bar Staff for their venue on Lygon St, East Brunswick. Before being forced to close in March due to COVID19 shutdowns, we had a very busy 3 months since opening at the end of December 2019. We are hoping to rebuild our business quickly once the doors can reopen, having already developed a strong local following in the Brunswick community.
We are currently on the hunt for craft beer lovers with proven hospitality record to join our team and assist in the running of the bar. A knowledge & passion for craft beer & hospitality, as well as knowledge of the Melbourne/Australia craft brewing industry is essential. Ideal candidates should also be efficient multitaskers and good communicators, with a positive can-do attitude and a fun & enthusiastic demeanour.
Ideally we are looking for staff that want to help us grow our business & also grow along with the business. There will be plenty of opportunities to move up to more senior and managerial positions as the business grows.
As part of this role your responsibilities will be to:
- Contribute to the efficient running of the venue.
- Provide customer service experience from the bar and floor.
- Help maintain a clean and safe working environment for both our guests and team.
And exhibit the following attributes:
- A keen interest & knowledge of craft beer
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- A positive, friendly and fun manner
- A natural ability to engage with our local community & regular guests
To fulfil the role, the successful candidate will also have:
- Responsible service of alcohol certificate
- The right to work in Australia
- Minimum of 1 year of bar and/or hospitality experience in a fast paced environment
- Excellent verbal communication
- Flexibility in availability to work within the venue’s operation hours, including weekends.
All interested applicants should email their CV along with a cover letter, and the answers to the following questions to firstname.lastname@example.org
- What is currently your favourite Melbourne brewery and why?
- What is the best Australian beer you have tasted in the last 3 months / or something that you can’t wait to try if you haven’t had the chance yet!
Submissions close June 26, 2020.