Cheeky Monkey have been building quite the following in recent times, not least on the back of a series of hazies, and have entered the hard seltzer market too.
As they ramp up for a big spring and summer, they're hiring a lead brewer for their team in the Margaret River region.
JOB DESCRIPTION: LEAD BREWER
Post Covid-19 craziness!! Cheeky Monkey Brewing Co is heading into a massive 2020 Spring/Summer which will see us cranking out more beer than ever! After constructing a purpose-built production facility last year, the team is expanding and looking for a Lead Brewer to head up the production team – existing applicants do not need to apply again.
Cheeky Monkey is in the Margaret River Region of Western Australia. With amazing local breweries, wineries, and word-class surf breaks – there is no better place in Australia to be brewing! Our brewhouse is a Premier Stainless System 25hL 4-vessel with a cellar capacity of 1 million litres, with significant room for growth.
The company has just undergone a brand re-fresh and are looking to the exciting future of extraordinarily crafted beer with a focus on emerging trends.
The overall responsibility is to deliver the day-to-day operation of a Production Schedule, as outlined by the Head of Brewing Operations.
Key responsibilities include:
- Ensure all tasks carried out within the brewery are performed in accordance to the workplace health and safety policy.
- Manage brewing team to achieve scheduled production.
- Implement processes and procedures with brewery team and ensure team adherence.
- Ensure delivery of forecasted volumes of beer in full, in specification and on time.
- Ensure all materials required to perform production tasks are available on site ahead of schedule.
- Maintain brewery production equipment to a high standard.
Qualifications and Experience:
- 5 years previous production brewing experience.
- IBD Diploma or equivalent technical qualifications.
- Forklift ticket preferred.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Microsoft Office skills (Word, Excel, and Outlook).
- Excellent verbal and written communication.
- Organised and able to meet demands of a busy production environment.
- Forward thinking approach to tasks.
- Mechanical aptitude.
In this role you will lead a brewing team and be involved in everything related to brewing, QC and packaging.
Full-time located at 44 Commerce Road, Vasse WA 6280. Reports to: Head of Brewing Operations.
Salary based on experience and qualifications.
Please send a Cover Letter and Resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.