Wayward Brewing are part of Sydney's vibrant Inner West beer scene and brew award-winning beers at their colourful Camperdown home.
With a brewer heading west, there's an opening for someone to join their brewing team.
JOB DESCRIPTION: BREWER
Wayward Brewing Co is looking for an enthusiastic full-time brewer to join our production brewing team reporting to our Head Brewer.
Based in Camperdown in Sydney's vibrant inner west, Wayward is an award-winning brewery with a love for brewing innovative high quality beer. Wayward beers are now available nationwide with a monthly seasonal release schedule, an expanding wild and barrel program and also cellar door only pilot releases. We are looking for hard working forward-thinker to jump on board this wild ride.
You will be an integral part of the team, ensuring our production schedule and quality program are always met. You will be working in our ever expanding brewery making beer on our 20hL production system as well as our 3hL pilot system. We pride ourselves on being a close-knit team that works hard producing quality, consistent and unique beers every day and are looking for someone who shares this vision to join us.
Your work duties and responsibilities
- Demonstrate excellence in all areas of beer production and packaging
- Work safely and efficiently to OHS standards
- Perform grain handling and milling
- Handle other raw materials to our SoP
- Operate lauter/kettle/whirlpool vessels
- Has experience operating or working on can packaging lines
- Maintain records of production and fermentation
- Maintain a clean, organised and safe work environment
- Perform general brewhouse duties such as filtering, fining, tank transfers, dry hopping, fermentation maintenance, carbonation of finished beer, keg cleaning and keg filling
- Have knowledge of kettle sour production
- Troubleshoot and identify problems with brewery, cellar, packaging and other equipment and act when required
- Be able to perceive off flavours and various other QA and QC requirements
- Barrel work including cleaning, filling, monitoring and packaging
- Work with Ekos brewery management software (training will be provided)
- Work at events, festivals, tastings and events at the brewery where required
- Operate forklift and assist in logistics where required
Our ideal candidate
- Loves making and drinking awesome beer
- Enthusiastic about beer and loves trying new things
- Has a minimum of 2 years of experience in beer
- Is a great communicator across all mediums
- Is flexible in shift work hours
- Is physically fit and willing to work hard
- Has a forklift license
- Enjoys a laugh, cappuccinos and donuts.
If you think you’ve got what it takes, we want to hear from you now! Please apply with your CV and cover letter to email@example.com.
Applications close August 21, 2020